Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2003 1:15:31 PM EDT
www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-520milkcrateticket,0,67162.story?coll=sfla%2Dhome%2Dheadlines

N.Y. man ticketed for sitting on a milk crate

Reuters
Posted May 20 2003, 1:50 PM EDT

NEW YORK - Some New Yorkers make the news for taking a stand. Jesse Taveras is suddenly famous for taking a seat.

The 19-year-old Bronx man was pictured on the front page of the Daily News Tuesday after he received a summons for sitting on a milk crate in front of the hair-braiding salon where he works.

"I don't believe this," Taveras told the cop who handed him the ticket, citing him for "unauthorized use of a milk crate," according to the New York Daily News,

'Don't blame me,'" Taveras said the cop told him. "'Blame (Mayor) Bloomberg.'"

The summons didn't say how much Taveras would have to pay for planting his bottom on the crate, which bore the imprint of Sunnydale Farms and a warning: "Use by anyone but registered owner is liable to prosecution, article 17A, General Business Law."

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Naw, he would have first beat him then locked him up..  :)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Naw, he would have first beat him then locked him up..  :)

But only if the guy didn't fill the crate with Krispy Kreams!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I saw a milk crate filled with clams and other shellfish at the fishmarket. Maybe you should come down and confiscate it/
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Funny, but that happened up in the 48 Pct.,

heh, like you know the difference between the 48th and the 5th... You'd need a map for blind people to find it.. :)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny, but that happened up in the 48 Pct.,

heh, like you know the difference between the 48th and the 5th... You'd need a map for blind people to find it.. :)

Hmmn, one has ALOT more Chinese people in it?

and Wave!

Art in KY
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude.. NYC sucks, dont it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top