Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2012 3:34:02 AM EDT
Link

After not answering her radio, found with multiple gunshot wounds.  Married to disabled Marine vet.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope the bastard gets caught...
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope the bastard(s) that did this get ventilated... instead of a lifetime of living in confinement on taxpayers dime.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I hope the bastard(s) that did this get ventilated... instead of a lifetime of living in confinement on taxpayers dime.  

I like your response better than mine..
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#5]

I hope when these people are found, the dash cams and recorders have a 'serious malfunction' for about 10-15 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#6]
This is terrible. Hope they get and make his/her death a slow painful one.

One thing that stands out in my mind about the article is the part about using the fire house for bathroom breaks. Seems to me the repetition would make a good ambush point.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Apparently there was no radio contact from her before the incident... 3rd shift you'd think she'd have radioed in any kind of contact with anyone.

Either an ambush or it was someone she knew/trusted. Possibly a domestic...
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 2:43:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Agree. In the news pic her badge is bigger than she is. Not the bravado type that thinks they can handle it without calling in. Also, street crimes this violent are a rarity in 'Tosa; especially with inclement weather. I'd have an easier time believing it in 'Stallis.

She and her husband ... lived ... in Menomonee Falls. Their home was cordoned off by police much of Monday.

That's not for no reason. Infidelity + emotional holiday = line crossed. Hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:39:09 AM EDT
[#12]
May God Bless her and give her family strength.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree. In the news pic her badge is bigger than she is. Not the bravado type that thinks they can handle it without calling in. Also, street crimes this violent are a rarity in 'Tosa; especially with inclement weather. I'd have an easier time believing it in 'Stallis.

She and her husband ... lived ... in Menomonee Falls. Their home was cordoned off by police much of Monday.

That's not for no reason. Infidelity + emotional holiday = line crossed. Hope I'm wrong.

That's exactly what I was thinking as well. Especially since she was shot multiple times IN THE FACE. That's personal, not just some random crime.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Update - http://brookfield-wi.patch.com/articles/husband-held-following-death-of-officer-jennifer-sebena-9f04eed0

FYI, West Allis is next door to Wauwatosa.

No word on if he is being held because he's responsible or if he got pinched for something else, but...

Mike
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Update - http://brookfield-wi.patch.com/articles/husband-held-following-death-of-officer-jennifer-sebena-9f04eed0

No word on if he is being held because he's responsible or if he got pinched for something else, but...

Mike

I was going to say yesterday this smelled of a jealous hubby.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, but the thugs-swaggering-through-WalMart index is still a lot higher in West Allis.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#17]

It would be inappropriate for Wauwatosa to have him in-house and Wisconsin DCI is the lead so they are probably just "using" WAPD facilities.

The whole thing smelled funny -- is it wrong to say though I'm sad for her family and the situation, I'll be glad if this is more of a domestic and not a "random shooting" that will add to the ongoing drive-by media circus over gun control?

That's how every news story is like the guy shooting firefighters...

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

I was going to say yesterday this smelled of a jealous hubby.

Indeed.

A police officer being shot by a random criminal isn't personal- it's business (for the criminal).

Shot in the face six times is personal.  

Mike
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#19]
A family member was called in for this investigation, so rest assured the guilty party or parties will be found.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Husband arrested for first-degree murder.

link
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Curious if they will still consider this "Killed in Line of Duty" since it looks like it's a domestic that followed her to work.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:50:36 AM EDT
[#22]
The complaint also quotes Ben Sebena as telling investigators he'd been jealous of other men with regard to his wife.

Other men, as opposed to another man.

The complaint said Jennifer Sebena told a colleague about three weeks earlier that her husband had put a gun to her head.

This was mentioned in between "he knows about us," and, "I have to stop seeing you."

They're trying to be sensitive to the family of the deceased. Story will end up that she was serial philanderess, and finally pushed him over the edge with a Christmas rendezvous.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I saw a news story on this last night. A few details puzzle me. They showed him being wheeled into court in a wheelchair, and it's a known fact he was a disabled vet. Is he wheelchair bound? She was found in her car. That means he wheeled himself up to the car, no problem there I guess. They also said they found her issued duty gun in their home, which I'd assume was on her belt, or at least in the car. OK, that's possible too... he opened the door and reached in for it after shooting her with his gun (story said he confessed to shooting her twice with his gun, then 3 more times with hers). They found her gun in the home, but they also found another 9mm handgun (presumably the one he used) hidden in an attic. How'd a guy in a wheelchair get up into an attic? Which makes me wonder,  if he was wheelchair bound, did he have help? Just sayin...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The complaint also quotes Ben Sebena as telling investigators he'd been jealous of other men with regard to his wife.

Other men, as opposed to another man.

The complaint said Jennifer Sebena told a colleague about three weeks earlier that her husband had put a gun to her head.

This was mentioned in between "he knows about us," and, "I have to stop seeing you."

They're trying to be sensitive to the family of the deceased. Story will end up that she was serial philanderess, and finally pushed him over the edge with a Christmas rendezvous.

Perhaps, but not a reason for murder.

Where did you get this info?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Patch.com seems to have a lot of details filled in.  I have a few friends who knew them from their church who are pretty shaken up by this
-
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that the trial will determine that it was, in-fact, the reason for the murder.

They printed it between the lines.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure that the trial will determine that it was, in-fact, the reason for the murder.

It's never going to trial. The guy will get a plea deal
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Patch.com seems to have a lot of details filled in.  I have a few friends who knew them from their church who are pretty shaken up by this
-

Thanks. It contradicts earlier stories I've read & seen on TV news which said she was found in her squad car (not on the pavement between firehouse & squad) and the 9mm handgun was found in an attic (not basement ceiling). No explanation of the wheel chair he was in when appearing in court. He was able to drive a Prius, so maybe he wasn't restricted to using the wheelchair by his disability.

Sad. Nobody's immune to domestic violence. May his soul rot in hell.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
May his soul rot in hell.

Two tour Marine. Wounded badly. Heavily involved with the Church after they helped him confront his demons. Started a group that helps returning vets confront theirs without resorting to vices.

Poorly planned crime. Confessed readily. Expressed remorse.

I'm not trying to justify or adjudicate his actions, but I can't muster hate and venom for him either. The above is also why I assume that there was some causal factor. He didn't wake up one day and decide to shoot her five times in the face for nothing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to justify or adjudicate his actions, but I can't muster hate and venom for him either. The above is also why I assume that there was some causal factor. He didn't wake up one day and decide to shoot her five times in the face for nothing.

He chose to be a murderer.  He decided to go kill someone.  No one forced him to do that.  No one forced him to be a domestic abuser.  No one forced him to stay with someone he didn't want to stay with.  He's a murdering POS, and that really says all that needs to be said.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I saw a news story on this last night. A few details puzzle me. They showed him being wheeled into court in a wheelchair, and it's a known fact he was a disabled vet. Is he wheelchair bound? She was found in her car. That means he wheeled himself up to the car, no problem there I guess. They also said they found her issued duty gun in their home, which I'd assume was on her belt, or at least in the car. OK, that's possible too... he opened the door and reached in for it after shooting her with his gun (story said he confessed to shooting her twice with his gun, then 3 more times with hers). They found her gun in the home, but they also found another 9mm handgun (presumably the one he used) hidden in an attic. How'd a guy in a wheelchair get up into an attic? Which makes me wonder,  if he was wheelchair bound, did he have help? Just sayin...

It's possible that he is more capable than the wheelchair would imply. Some people have been known to exaggerate the effects of a disability in order to draw a max disability pay. I'm not saying he is, just that it's possible.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's possible that he is more capable than the wheelchair would imply. Some people have been known to exaggerate the effects of a disability in order to draw a max disability pay. I'm not saying he is, just that it's possible.

If you can murder someone in cold blood who you took an oath to love and cherish until death do you part, it seems it might be child's play to exaggerate a disability to maximize your profit and gain maximum sympathy from the court, no?

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I know why he did it. I am saying it is not a good enough reason to murder someone. Adultery is not a reason to kill someone. He could have just walked away.

They printed what between the lines? I am guessing you are just making assumptions.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two tour Marine. Wounded badly. Heavily involved with the Church after they helped him confront his demons. Started a group that helps returning vets confront theirs without resorting to vices.

Sorry dude in my book he is a piece of shit. It really matters not what he did prior to this. He willingly chose to murder someone in cold blood. Someone he was suppose to care about. He did it like a coward as well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He chose to be a murderer.  He decided to go kill someone.  No one forced him to do that.  No one forced him to be a domestic abuser.  No one forced him to stay with someone he didn't want to stay with.  He's a murdering POS, and that really says all that needs to be said.

As preciously stated, "I'm not trying to justify or adjudicate his actions." I'm with you on everything up to the last part.

When it comes to, "He's a murdering POS, and that really says all that needs to be said," or damnations to hell, I'm simply not moved emotionally about it. To me this falls into the category of 'people do shitty things to each other, and sometimes it ends badly.'

I understand that it inclines towards a visceral response from you because she was a LEO; on duty. From my perspective her employment is immaterial. If she was a waitress or a dry wall estimator it would be no different.

If my assumptions turn out to be wrong, and the story ends up that she was a wonderful wife and he just flipped out as a sick and demented individual, then I'll apologize for the slander and change my position.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As preciously stated, "I'm not trying to justify or adjudicate his actions." I'm with you on everything up to the last part.

When it comes to, "He's a murdering POS, and that really says all that needs to be said," or damnations to hell, I'm simply not moved emotionally about it. To me this falls into the category of 'people do shitty things to each other, and sometimes it ends badly.'

I understand that it inclines towards a visceral response from you because she was a LEO; on duty. From my perspective her employment is immaterial. If she was a waitress or a dry wall estimator it would be no different.

If my assumptions turn out to be wrong, and the story ends up that she was a wonderful wife and he just flipped out as a sick and demented individual, then I'll apologize for the slander and change my position.

You seem to be implying that it was ok that he killed his wife because she was or may have been cheating on him. Because by your account he is a stand up guy. This about right?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They printed what between the lines? I am guessing you are just making assumptions.

Yes. It was sarcastic assumption. It should have been transparent.

It's also probably 100% correct. Being a female cop, corrections officer, or active service personnel is to be endlessly lied to, flattered, and pestered for a piece of ass. If the female in these roles is not of high moral fiber, then it's generally only a matter of time .....

(Being offended by generalizations does nothing to reduce their accuracy.)
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem to be implying that it was ok that he killed his wife because she was or may have been cheating on him. Because by your account he is a stand up guy. This about right?

Negative, Ghost Rider. Circle around and take another visual.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#39]
PTSD excuse coming in 3.....2......1......
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the first paragraph, he's to be commended.

But that in no way excuses him from murdering his wife in cold blood. This wasn't a "crime of passion" where he just suddenly lost it, and acted in the heat of the moment without thinking things through. It was planned, it was premeditated. He stalked her for a few days... he had plenty of time to change his mind after he initially decided to kill her. He didn't. He gets no sympathy from me.  If she was cheating, divorce her and move on. Instead, he shot her 5 times ... "so she wouldn't suffer".

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You're correct in that I do have visceral response to LEO murders.  However, I stand by my comment that he's nothing but a murdering POS, and that's all that needs to be said, regardless of her profession.  I'd feel the same way, and say the same thing, if she was "only" a waitress or whatever profession you care to name.  Since this was essentially a domestic, and not a result of her job, I'll take all the LEO sympathy out of it...and say he's still nothing more than a murdering POS.

Boo-hoo, my wife was cheating on me?  Suck it up and leave, or shoot her cold-bloodedly in the head, and then shoot her in the face.  Yup, a POS.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
For the first paragraph, he's to be commended.

But that in no way excuses him from murdering his wife in cold blood.

No, of course it doesn't excuse it. However it gives me indication that some extenuating circumstance or stressor was required for it to take place, and leads to the assumptions I've made about her actions leading up to the murder.

Quoted:
... I stand by my comment ...
Boo-hoo, my wife was cheating on me?  Suck it up and leave ...

Yes. Absolutely.
"This witch is ruining my life." --- Well then GTFO, and go be happy somewhere else. Problem solved. Why would you destroy your own life, both of your families' lives, etc?

Quoted:
Yup, a POS.

I've thought about this a bit. If she was cheating, that doesn't diminish his guilt ANY, but it does make her NOT an innocent party. She did have an underhanded part in the events that lead to her death.

So, I completely agree with his prosecution and eventual sentencing. He has clearly demonstrated that he makes terribly bad decisions and can't be expected to operate within the bounds of civil society.

That aside, I'm not angry with him in the same way as I am when one party is clearly innocent and the other is clearly evil. I'm betting that she crapped on him; badly, and repeatedly. When you play a part in the escalation, and it goes badly for you, then it looks more like, 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes.'

That seems to be the bottom line for me. He's totally guilty and deserves his punishment. I just can't get with the affrontery, venom, hate, and damnations to hell.

Worth restating: If it comes out that I'm wrong about her character I'll apologize and about-face.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Never underestimate your opponent's abilities, especially one that is a veteran.

I'd rather take on a hoard of zombies than Cpl Todd Love in his current condition (pictured below fully geared w/ gas mask, competing in a Spartan Race).

Love is a 22 year old Marine who in August of 2010 nearly lost his life and all but one of his limbs in a devastating explosion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They showed him being wheeled into court in a wheelchair, and it's a known fact he was a disabled vet. Is he wheelchair bound?

Never underestimate your opponent's abilities, especially one that is a veteran.

This is a screencap from a youtube video that has been made private. I downloaded it yesterday. He's the one in grey.

He took bad damage to his left shoulder and right knee. Left leg was unharmed. I think he needs a wheelchair, crutch, cane, etc to do anything extended, but he can manage to be on his feet to some extent; when he wants to.

The wheelchair isn't going to buy him anything in court. He's still a confessed premeditated killer.
He probably can't handle general population though, and the wheelchair will make sure they don't mix him in.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Love is a 22 year old Marine who in August of 2010 nearly lost his life and all but one of his limbs in a devastating explosion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

V
OUT

Damn.
Badass and sad at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They showed him being wheeled into court in a wheelchair, and it's a known fact he was a disabled vet. Is he wheelchair bound?

This is a screencap from a youtube video that has been made private. I downloaded it yesterday. He's the one in grey.

He took bad damage to his left shoulder and right knee. Left leg was unharmed. I think he needs a wheelchair, crutch, cane, etc to do anything extended, but he can manage to be on his feet to some extent; when he wants to.

Why does this make any bit of difference?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Because, Flame, Mr.rfb45colt was inquiring about the legitimacy of the perpetrator's handicap. So, I was describing his injuries.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Because, Flame, Mr.rfb45colt was inquiring about the legitimacy of the perpetrator's handicap. So, I was describing his injuries.

Yup, I saw him in the wheelchair on a newscast, I knew he was a disabled vet so I assumed he needed the chair,  and the same newscast said they found his 9mm handgun hidden in an attic.  I was wondering out loud - how did a guy in a wheelchair get up into an attic to hide the 9mm handgun... or did he have help?

(what we now know, it wasn't in the attic, it was in the basement ceiling)

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I think j_treckler is trying to say that even though the guy is a POS, he's not as big a piece of shit as the child murderer from CT.

Bit of course he's a murderer and should be punished accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think j_treckler is trying to say that even though the guy is a POS, he's not as big a piece of shit as the child murderer from CT.

Bit of course he's a murderer and should be punished accordingly.

Accurate analogy.

Adam Lanza versus a bunch of kids? I'd like to stomp on that little prick's face until I was too tired to lift my foot.
Some jealous guy kills his cheating wife? They caught him. He confessed. He did the crime and is going to jail for it. Meh. No reason for me to be upset .

Once again: If it ends up that she wasn't screwing around, then my position changes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top