Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 12:38:25 PM EDT
Just back from the Waukesha show.  Lot of good stuff.  Went with limited $$ to limit temptation.  Usual crazy prices on some stuff.  Saw a nice Browning A-5 for $490, seemed decent.  Handled a Walther .22 pistol.  Damn nice!  Gonna have to put that on the accquisition list.  Lots of AR's at OK prices.  Saw one RRA box going out the door.  Got a genuine US Navy T-shirt for $3 and an S+W .40 magazine (11 rd.) for $10.

We really should have some kind of ARFcom ID so we can recognize each other at shows.

Any of you prescription glasses wearers: the lady that sells sunglasses in the back of  one hall can get genuine Randolph military style frames.  I saw the Randolph sunglasses on her table last year and asked her about the bare frames.  She got a pair for my son at about 1/2 $$ of what I've been paying from a mail-order optical place.  She lives in Milwaukee and I have her phone # if anyone needs it.

Dealer from Marshfield, "Boom to Zoom", selling Superior stripped receivers for $90.  Superior is in Iowa and is the supplier to Sully for the DE carbines.  Seemed like a good price.  I may get one just to see how it goes together.  An interesting feature: the receivers are marked for 3 safety positions.  One was actually marked "auto", the others had bullet logos for each position.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought my RRA Entry Tactical from boom to zoom at the last show! I had to stay away from this show because of my Christmas budget.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Attendance did seem kind of light.  I was there about noonish today and it wasn't crowded at all.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there Saturday morning when they opened and it was arseholes and elbows. Consider yourself lucky. As for the Superior lowers, yes I saw them as well and they had both the phosphate and teflon coated versions as well as the subvariant of either text or pictograms for the selector lever. $90 was a good price but I'm still hawking a HK Tac or Mk23 and wanted to reserve my funds.

It was good to see M&A Sales there as well for all of our AR parts needs. It appears that they may restrict themselves to the Waukesha shows and shun SFP altogether, we'll see.

Again it was also to run into Lumberjacker's pseudo/semi/quasi-vendor's table. I use this term since I found out his true motives of only having a table there in order to have a staging platform in order to launch his assault on other vendors to buy more "stuff".

Otherwise, the show was mediocre since we're now seeing the same crap over and over. At least us Wisconsiners get a little break now and hope we have a little more infusion of new vendors for the next show.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The Boom to Zoom guys are the best. I buy from Paul all the time. He is a great guy to see if you have any problems or questions about AR stuff. I scored a Springfield Armory SOCOM 16 at the show! I've been wanting one for some time now. The price was too good to pass up. Thanks to Paul, You are the Man!!! I looked at a Kimber Pro carry a guy had. He was asking $700 for it , NEW IN THE BOX! I went back and he sold it to a guy for $680. Good thing, if I would have come in the door with a SOCOM and a Kimber I would be sleeping outside for a while! My wife is great but everyone has a limit.
I put out a sign out on our table that says " Bikers and AR-15.com'ers welcome. I met some of the local members last week at the SFP show. Mabe after one of the shows we could meet up for some pizza and beers. That could be fun.
Hope it warms up soon. I would like to go shooting my new toys!

Hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Year. Mabe see you at Green Bay.

George you gave away my secret!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope to meet all of you sometime :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top