Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 7/23/2010 3:01:13 AM EST
Anyone know what was going on in Watkinsville on VFW drive yesterday evening? Lots of police and sherrifs vehicles, K9 unit, no noise just whoosh everyone arrives and a couple of hours later everyone leaves.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 3:32:41 AM EST
Isn't that where they've been seeing the black bear lately? Might've been that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:00:14 AM EST
could have been a GOHS (gov office of highway safety) road check. They usually have a bunch of guys from surrounding agencies hit a road, then go to another road or do a few at the same time.

Real fun stuff unless you are the hosting agency...or the person being stopped
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:40:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By BillyPumper:
could have been a GOHS (gov office of highway safety) road check. They usually have a bunch of guys from surrounding agencies hit a road, then go to another road or do a few at the same time.

Real fun stuff unless you are the hosting agency...or the person being stopped

During deer season a few years back the whole alphabet soup was road side checking everybody out. BATF, GBI, GA DNR, GSP, local sheriff. I got by w/ "whats in the cooler?, Can I see your DL & Ins?, Can I see your hunting license? Are ALL your guns unloaded? That one got me out of the truck for a little road side chat w/ GADNR, Sheriff & ATF. I made the mistake of saying no. Yes my rifles are clear but my side arm is on my hip & loaded. That cost me about an hour to get "processed" then on my way.

7mm
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 7:36:30 AM EST
Naw, this was a house across the road and the guys suited up with Tac. entry gear and went in.
Top Top