Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 12:26:39 PM EDT
Hopefully they will cover the signing of the lifetime carry license and The no duty to retreat bills.
It was a ceremonious event. The Gov invited many "gun folks" to be there and witness him signing. (kinda like Clinton did with the AWB and the "Brady Bunch"). I unfortunately didn't make it, other things came up. (No not the snow)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
"....  In other news today, Indiana became more  EVIL  and lawless, passing a law letting citizens carry  GUNS.   Experts expects the murder rate to skyrocket.   More at 11...."

Some things have been pissing me off in Indiana lately, but this is pretty nice!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I blame the Republicans...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"....  In other news today, Indiana became more  EVIL  and lawless, passing a law letting citizens carry  GUNS.   Experts expects the murder rate to skyrocket.   More at 11...."

Some things have been pissing me off in Indiana lately, but this is pretty nice!

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#4]
One small step...

Nice!

I know the basics, but in plain english can someone translate the costs for the new types of licenses, and when they will be available?  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not positive but my understanding is that you have to have five consecutive permits before you can get a lifetime.  If this is correct, that's a 20 years wait for a newbie.  Like I said, I'm not sure if this is correct.  I heard it on the local am radio station and they are about as reliable as wet matches.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Well does anyone know if it passed?

ETA..........I just saw the tack!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm not positive but my understanding is that you have to have five consecutive permits before you can get a lifetime.  If this is correct, that's a 20 years wait for a newbie.  Like I said, I'm not sure if this is correct.  I heard it on the local am radio station and they are about as reliable as wet matches.

You do not have to have 5 consecutive permits to apply for a lifetime permit. They have a fee for people who do not currently have a permit, and a fee for those renewing to the lifetime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top