Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 3:55:26 PM EST
NO, not WASP...wasp!

We found 7 or 8 little 1" diameter beginnings of wasp nests on the shady sides of the house.
I took 'em down with a broom, but I'm wondering if there's a way to discourage the bees from returning.
I hate bees.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:01:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/6/2004 8:07:25 PM EST by bigscrun]
gasoline, cover your house wth gasoline..............you don't smoke do you?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:05:01 PM EST
...hose or hoUse?
Yeah, I smoke!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:30:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/6/2004 8:30:58 PM EST by Lord_Grey_Boots]
Yup, they are out. I zapped about 6 or 7 last weekend. I need to take another look around my house on Saturday, probably have another one to destroy.

Get yourself to Homedepot or Lowes and pick up some Wasp/Hornet killer spray. It will spray out about 25 feet or so says the label. Spray the wasp nests at dusk when the wasps are less active, and then let it sit for a few days before knocking down the nests.

The spray kills the wasps on contact, and then any who return over the next few days will get killed as well.

Wear gloves and something to cover your face. When you spray up, some of the spray will come back down on you. Its not something you want to have too much contact with. Don't spray in the wind.

The spray is $3 or $4 a can, and you will probably want 2 or 3 cans.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:32:45 PM EST
"No Pest" wasp and hornet killer. Two Pack on sale at Lowes for $6.00. Shoots 20ft. Pile of dead bees in the mornin.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:55:25 PM EST
Shooting bees sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:09:49 PM EST
What Lord_Grey_Boots said!! I am having a bad time this year with wasps and I use the stuff about ondce a oth. It seems to have slowed them down quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:04:30 PM EST
BusMaster where do you live? Over in Duvall I just sprayed about 7 nests in my eves with wasp killer... and also probably 10 or so nests around the mailboxes in the neighborhood.. oh yeah and 2 in my BBQ Looks like it's going to be a bad year.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:59:45 PM EST
Everett, now.
The neighbors say to keep an eye out all summer long for the nests.

Found a caterpillar nest in the top of a tree --- killed that.
Found some spider nests, too --- gone now.

I hate fucking bugs and shit.
Top Top