Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2013 10:52:33 AM EDT
Just an FYI, the Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility public line on Pyramid Highway will be closed on Monday 11/4, Friday 11/8, Monday 11/11, and Friday 11/15.  This is so berms can be built between the 1000 yard and public line and also to extend the berm along the east side of the public line towards the 1000 yard pits.  Because of where the material is coming from, the public line has to be closed for the safety of the workers.

While inconvenient for a few days, in the long run this work will provide a safer shooting environment for everyone.  It will also negate the need to cease fire on the public line when the high power folks are coming and going from the pits to service targets.

The public range WILL BE OPEN on the Saturdays and Sundays of those two weeks.

Please let your shooting friends know so they don't make the long trip out there for nothing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Temporarily closed for several days in order to refill the range master with shit, you mean.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Temporarily closed for several days in order to refill the range master with shit, you mean.

View Quote

LOL!

Was wondering if you were going to chime in, PvtCowboy.

AMink...really thanks for the PSA.

But, you might want to be aware that 99.999% of us Northies do not care for the use of this facility since the current RSO has been deemed a 100% pure-bred asshat.

We just do not have time to suffer this fool...
the sooner he is replaced by a true range professional the better off the Pyramid Shooting Facility (and the local gun community) will be.

That is all...

G

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, the Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility public line on Pyramid Highway will be closed on Monday 11/4, Friday 11/8, Monday 11/11, and Friday 11/15.  This is so berms can be built between the 1000 yard and public line and also to extend the berm along the east side of the public line towards the 1000 yard pits.  Because of where the material is coming from, the public line has to be closed for the safety of the workers.

While inconvenient for a few days, in the long run this work will provide a safer shooting environment for everyone.  It will also negate the need to cease fire on the public line when the high power folks are coming and going from the pits to service targets.

Please let your shooting friends know so they don't make the long trip out there for nothing.
View Quote

AMink, thank you for getting the information and details out on a widely-read forum. I had been told that there was construction scheduled, but had not been given any details of this construction. I think this will be a great improvement to the range.

Scotty
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Scotty willi double check to makes sure it will not effect us. I am seeing vision of November two years ago.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Scotty willi double check to makes sure it will not effect us. I am seeing vision of November two years ago.
View Quote

I don't think so this time. In this case it's only affecting the 1000yd events and I'm pretty sure those guys have already worked it out. A surprise lockout is highly unlikely at this point. My match is still on until I get a phone call otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't think so this time. In this case it's only affecting the 1000yd events and I'm pretty sure those guys have already worked it out. A surprise lockout is highly unlikely at this point. My match is still on until I get a phone call otherwise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GTG on all ranges west of the public range. 1000 yard guys have made arrangements.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you for the update, Andy. This project is long overdue, and will undoubtedly promote safety for both adjacent ranges. Are there tentative plans for other facility improvements pending for 2013-2014?

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank you for the update, Andy. This project is long overdue, and will undoubtedly promote safety for both adjacent ranges. Are there tentative plans for other facility improvements pending for 2013-2014?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is new irrigation run so there will be some trees planted along the south side of the public line,  I believe.  This should eventually provide some additionalshade and a bit of a wind break.  There is also water run out to the target berms so they can be sprayed down when they're reshaped. There is also a possibility of some sound deadening on the overhead of the public line but money may be a little short for that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Why they didnt just relocate the 1000yd range to the west side is beyond me. I understand pits are expensive but it would make the whole range flow better.

It just seems poorly layed out all over
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:16:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why they didnt just relocate the 1000yd range to the west side is beyond me. I understand pits are expensive but it would make the whole range flow better.

View Quote

There is a new master plan for the entire range.  At least it will be set up so the IPSC and 1000yd can be used at the same time.  Long term, of course.  Unfortunately, moving the 1000yd to the west side isn't going to happen since there are houses that border that edge.  That's part of the reason the silhouette range angles to the northeast.  There is also the issue of the relatively steep grade on the west side.  Someday...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There is a new master plan for the entire range.  At least it will be set up so the IPSC and 1000yd can be used at the same time.  Long term, of course.  Unfortunately, moving the 1000yd to the west side isn't going to happen since there are houses that border that edge.  That's part of the reason the silhouette range angles to the northeast.  There is also the issue of the relatively steep grade on the west side.  Someday...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I was at the meetings and all I could think is that the consulting company was the only one who benefited from that deal. Most of it is just a pipe dream. They did have a few plans with the 1000yd range to the west to where it didnt run into the homeowners lots.

As nice as that range is it is a perfect example of a gov run cluster. I really wish it could have been set up a little better to begin with.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE:
There has been a delay in the construction.  I don't know when it will take place now.  That said, the range WILL BE OPEN on November 4, 8, and 15.  It will be closed on Veterans' Day, Monday, November 11.

Sorry for the misfire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top