Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 10:30:50 PM EDT
FRONT TOWARD ENEMY  We don't need your protection.

Most in the photo are from Washington, pic taken north of Bonner MT, the fun thing about 42FF is it gets around and makes  best friends and allies with fellow Americans.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like you guys had some fun!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Interesting.

All TRG would need is a rainbow flag and he would be off and running.

No one in their right mind would want a spanking from this group.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks like you guys had some fun!

It was a blast, finally found a place to shoot the long guns where range is well beyond the performance of the round.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quite the gear assortment. Ever think of standardizing some of it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Our body armor is fairly standardized, but that's about it. The only item that really needs to be standardized is the location and minimum contents of the first aid kit. Beyond that, personal preference is the way to go. Different body shapes and sizes do better with different types of gear. Specializations also dictate unique gear solutions. A commo geek's loadout will differ some from a medic's. Another factor making standardization undesirable is the fact that some have limited budgets.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The only thing we standardize is ammo like 5.56x45  7.62x51  7.62x39 everything else is not a logistical concern besides a old surplus bolt gun is better than nothing no matter the caliber.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only thing we standardize is ammo like 5.56x45  7.62x51  7.62x39 everything else is not a logistical concern besides a old surplus bolt gun is better than nothing no matter the caliber.

I have read  up on 1st,2nd, and 3rd line gear. I think that would show that there is some attempt at standardizing, along with Com's, and the NMS on Rifle Qual's, and expectations.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the brown colored shirts, they seem to blend better than the green colors. I've noticed that in most pictures, the woodland camo tends to stand out from the surrounding terrain by drawing my eye towards the darker shapes.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting.  I can't blame you for obscuring your faces, etc.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I take it you guys are not shooting in a pit......
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally........
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#15]
It was a long drive but it was worth it. We met some good people and made some new friends. Strat or SAR please email me the pictures from the FTX. I hope the resolution comes out a little better than this pic. Army of One needs to see a dermitolygist right away. His skin is melting! I was totally safe under my camoflauge berka!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I was totally safe under my camoflauge berka!

There are plenty of Womens lib groups that will be willing to fight for your rights to not have to wear that.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Sar1gal is in that pic too
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

But she's hidden, like the well-trained woman she is.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ya mean to tell me that she was not at home making sammiches?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Not really...noticed the girl right away....cool
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Not really...noticed the girl right away....coolhr

Which is it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#22]
The one wearing the burka.....

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is it?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The one wearing the burka..... h=85%

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not really...noticed the girl right away....coolhr

Which is it?hr

Just so long as it's not the handsome one (me)!hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got home yesterday from a family vacation drive through Montana.  Looks like you had more fun than I did!
It sure is nice to visit a state where even the smallest town has a gunshop, or at least, a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I just got home yesterday from a family vacation drive through Montana.  Looks like you had more fun than I did!
It sure is nice to visit a state where even the smallest town has a gunshop, or at least, a gunsmith.

I would love to live in MT and even put up with the extreme cold of winter but making a living there is very hard.
IT was in the high 90's during the day and it frosted during the night, the elevation was real close to a mile high.

Heard some full auto stuff going off down in the valley, another good feature of MT, way more gun friendly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's a link to some more pics from our Montana adventure.
http://www.americanminuteman.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4375  BTW, I noticed that the great state of Montana doesn't have a Hometown Forum. There must be some AR shooters in Montana or could it be that they are all M1A shooters? There's lots of room there for making long range shots.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
There must be some AR shooters in Montana or could it be that they are all M1A shooters? There's lots of room there for making long range shots.

All the Montana folks carried FN's.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There must be some AR shooters in Montana or could it be that they are all M1A shooters? There's lots of room there for making long range shots.

All the Montana folks carried FN's.

I was noticing that there were a lot of carbines/AK types  for the type of area you were in. Would almost think a old bolt gun in a bigger cal. would work out better than carbine length rifles.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

BTW, I noticed that the great state of Montana doesn't have a Hometown Forum.

Attention to detail Grass-hoppa..

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=37
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I was noticing that there were a lot of carbines/AK types  for the type of area you were in. Would almost think a old bolt gun in a bigger cal. would work out better than carbine length rifles.

The carbine length barrels were all from other states than MT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is it?

Back row..second from right.  Facial features gives it away...and the guy standing so far away..as to not offend.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#32]
2nd picture...4th from left with glasses......damb Im good :-)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, more than worrying about barrel length, I'd worry about optics. With just the irons, I had little ability to positively ID targets beyond 100-150m. When shooting at visible targets offhand from 300-400m I was able to hit a car sized area with ease--but I wouldn't have been able to see someone down there unless he was a total moron that didn't bother to use concealment or camoflage. While 5.56 ammo out of a 16" bbl is not ideal beyond 200m or so, it'll get the job done if you hit what needs hitting. No cartridge will do the job if you can't identify the target and send lead his way.

Crap, I KNEW I was too good-lookin' to not wear a mask. I think I'm going to have to grow a mustache and/or beard. It seems that you are attracted to my beautifulness and automatically assume I'm a woman, though if you saw my performance when it comes to cleaning, laundry, and other womanly tasks you'd realize in a heartbeat I'm not a woman.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Well, more than worrying about barrel length, I'd worry about optics. With just the irons, I had little ability to positively ID targets beyond 100-150m. When shooting at visible targets offhand from 300-400m I was able to hit a car sized area with ease--but I wouldn't have been able to see someone down there unless he was a total moron that didn't bother to use concealment or camoflage. While 5.56 ammo out of a 16" bbl is not ideal beyond 200m or so, it'll get the job done if you hit what needs hitting. No cartridge will do the job if you can't identify the target and send lead his way.

Crap, I KNEW I was too good-lookin' to not wear a mask. I think I'm going to have to grow a mustache and/or beard. It seems that you are attracted to my beautifulness and automatically assume I'm a woman, though if you saw my performance when it comes to cleaning, laundry, and other womanly tasks you'd realize in a heartbeat I'm not a woman.

I was reading the posts and went...

"I have met him before", somebody is about to get a ass chewing!

Anyway, Optics are a good thing to have, but you better know about your Irons first, and even with good optics, a weak-assed round at that range is still that.... A weak-assed round. BBL length in that type of environment is also something I would worry about....only a fool takes a carbine length rifle to a long-range shooting match if he/she has the choice of a full length bbl.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#35]
There were enough full-length 308s to keep things under control while the m4ish folks maneuvered. I really like irons for sighting, I do very well with them. The problem is that without magnification it's hard to tell that funny stump from a guy kneeling when it's 400m away.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The problem is that without magnification it's hard to tell that funny stump from a guy kneeling when it's 400m away.

Stumps dont move when being shot at...

(I do hear what you are saying about optics, just giveing you a little razzing)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Interesting.

All TRG would need is a rainbow flag and he would be off and running.

No one in their right mind would want a spanking from this group.

ah.........gotta agree with you there! Patty

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just got home yesterday from a family vacation drive through Montana. Looks like you had more fun than I did!

I would love to live in MT and even put up with the extreme cold of winter but making a living there is very hard.
IT was in the high 90's during the day and it frosted during the night, the elevation was real close to a mile high.

Heard some full auto stuff going off down in the valley, another good feature of MT, way more gun friendly.

I hear you about the difficulty of making a living in MT.  We just inherited my great-grandparents' homestead outside of Lewistown and have been considering moving there.  What stops me is the lack of fall-back employment should our business encounter lean times.  That's probably why my great-grandparents moved on when the depression hit.

It is definitely more gun friendly than WA.  It's the first place I've gone where no one raised an eyebrow at my "casual wear" - DCUs with summer boots.
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Washington visits with friends in Montana
Page Hometown » Washington
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top