Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2010 1:17:22 PM EDT
What say thee...Arfcom member, or no?

Arrest

Sounds like he wasn't legally allowed to own these guns, told one too many people he had 'em anyway, and someone dropped a dime on him.

Kinda makes me wonder what the original felony was, that caused him to lose his 2A rights.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
BRD it's real, and serious.

I wonder if he could argue that he has a medical issue?  

ps Sorry to send you off into hyperspace with the tea party thing Stephen.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
BRD it's real, and serious.

I wonder if he could argue that he has a medical issue?  

ps Sorry to send you off into hyperspace with the tea party thing Stephen.

LOL!  No worries about Hyperspace.  I feel stupid for not knowing on which forum I'm posting.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Well, we'll have to see who doesn't post for awhile I guess.  

My wife and I attended a gubernatorial debate here in Salem a few weeks back.  It was the first time I'd heard Jerry Wilson speak.  He's approximately 10,000% too liberal for this site, but I had a good time listening to him speak.  Lotta brainpower at his disposal, and it was nice to hear someone quote some historical authorities.  

His house is bigger than mine, but I believe I'd  notice it if someone hid 17 weapons at my place.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
His house is bigger than mine, but I believe I'd  notice it if someone hid 17 weapons at my place.

This article has a little more info:  http://www.katu.com/news/90870779.html

Says the house wasn't searched.  Only 2 non-residential buildings on the property.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Wilson's son, Brian, is a convicted felon. He is not allowed to possess any firearms. Nonetheless, detectives said he was storing the weapons – including an AK-47 and AR15 assault rifles – on his father's property. They also seized a .45 caliber Mac 10, otherwise known as an "uzi."

ETA As per KATU

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
as per KATU, my two most favorite things about this story:

1.  Detectives said they were searching for a weapons "stockpile," which they found in a barn near this Washington County home.
 uuhhhh that's a stockpile...   Is that illegal or something?  What makes it a "stockpile"?  cause somebody I know would be in trouble if that was illegal...

2.  chrome shotty FTW!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]

I always liked the look of John Popper's stash.  Still can't figure out what the bolt gun with the honking big brake on it is though.

Whenever the media throws around terms like stockpile, arsenal, and cache, I always get a little leery.  I think about how much .22LR I have put up, and that number alone might be grounds for some media buzzwords.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
yah, at what point does a cache become a stockpile...  My wife could care less about what weapons I've got, and even she thinks my stash (that she knows about...) of .22 is excessive; she doesn't care, just thinks its way more than I need.  Trying to explain the need for X amount of ammo to a wife is really a pointless venture for the most part.  Love her to death though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
yah, at what point does a cache become a stockpile...  

Maybe it is a synonym for shitload they teach them to say when talking to the press.  The PIO probably couldn't say "we heard there was a convicted felon with a shitload of guns."

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
yah, at what point does a cache become a stockpile...  

Maybe it is a synonym for shitload they teach them to say when talking to the press.  The PIO probably couldn't say "we heard there was a convicted felon with a shitload of guns."

to be honest, I'd rather hear them say shitload...    that'd make a WAY more interesting story.

It's interesting to me how some journalists do enough homework to lend credibility to their broadcasts in the form of accurate terminology and minutia while others use more general terms that most of the viewers digest without thinking twice but make those in the know cringe and say "whaaaaa?"
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice John Popper has not one, but TWO Steyr Scouts in his vehicle. He must have some awesome stuff back at home. They go for about $2,000/ea.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I always liked the look of John Popper's stash.  Still can't figure out what the bolt gun with the honking big brake on it is though.

Whenever the media throws around terms like stockpile, arsenal, and cache, I always get a little leery.  I think about how much .22LR I have put up, and that number alone might be grounds for some media buzzwords.

A police dog searched the vehicle, finding numerous hidden compartments. Inside those compartments were four rifles, nine handguns and a switchblade knife. They also found a Taser and night vision goggles.

Popper told officers he collected weapons, the Patrol said.

The vehicle also had flashing emergency headlights, a siren and a public address system, the Patrol said.

"Popper indicated to troopers that he had installed these items in his vehicle because (in the event of a natural disaster) he didn't want to be left behind," the Patrol said.

Officers also recovered a small amount of marijuana and a marijuana pipe. The vehicle was seized.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Kinda makes me wonder what the original felony was, that caused him to lose his 2A rights.

Unlawful use of a weapon I believe...Tried to attack a guy in a bar fight with a knife a couple of years ago. IIRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top