Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2010 9:35:56 AM EDT
Are any of you guy's going to the appleseed shoot in Washburn, MO this weekend?  I will be there on Saturday with my wife.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 1:21:30 PM EDT
I'll be there with my girlfriend and a friend from work.  It'll be a first for all three of us.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 1:55:45 PM EDT
Same here.  My wife is pretty nervous about being around so many people with guns so hopefully I can make it a fun learning experience.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 2:17:51 PM EDT
Going to the one in November.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 3:07:57 PM EDT
Kent(the host/property owner) runs a top notch shoot.  Safety is #1 always.

I don't know who will be shootboss this time, but Greybeard was great last time.

I IM'd Kent and I am sure he will be around to answer any questions or concerns ya'll may have.  Please feel free to post them here.

C
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 3:54:28 AM EDT
Finally got on the computer this morning...... Been a bit busy..........  

Yes indeed we are having a "Seed" at my place this weekend! Thanks for starting the thread!

Safety is number 1!  We will have a SAFE weekend. Bring out the ladies. Mine will be here and maybe shoot too if I can convince her to do so.
My son will also be on the line as a shooter.

As of last night we had 15 preregistered. We have room for a good 20+ more.

Bring lots of cold water and or Gatorade as it is going to be a bit warm. Bring an E-z up if you have one too.

Kent
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 3:55:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Omni:
Going to the one in November.

Nice!

Maybe we can even have some snow!
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 4:00:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kent2:

Nice!

Maybe we can even have some snow!

I shudder at the thought of snow...
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 1:59:33 PM EDT
Just wanted to say thank you to the instructors and to Kent for the beautiful venue.  I had a great time and learned a lot.  I won't make it back tomorrow but I hope to see you guys again in November.  And after today I would love to be laying in snow.  :)

-Jay
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:08:38 PM EDT
I agree with BigJay.  My wife and I had a lot of fun.  We won't be able to make it Sunday either, but we learned alot and I am looking forward to making it to another one for the full weekend.  I was nowhere near rifleman, but I know what I need to work on and plan on coming back with more practice under my belt.  Thanks Kent for letting us use your place.  

DurandelZero, I was hoping to chat a little more but I was trying to get as much shooting in as I could since I can't go Sunday.  Next time the HTF does a NWA get together maybe I will see you there.  Speaking of that, I am game whenever someone wants to set one up if any of the NWA guys read this.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:04:12 AM EDT
Josh and Jay you are very welcome!

Thank you for coming on up with a teachable attitude!

Josh you and Megan really made great improvements in your shooting!  I was glad to be able to spend some time with you both.

Jay, I did not get to your side of the line much on Saturday. I hope to see you back up here in Nov.

I'll let you all know if I have a shooting get together up here soon. Hopefully when it is COOLER.

Kent
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:06:30 PM EDT
Kent, once again, thank you for your time and your land.  Shayna and I had a wonderful time, and we learned a lot.  We are both looking forward to November, and hopefully we'll earn that patch next time.

I have read good and bad reviews about different people's Appleseed experiences.  Any worry I had was unfounded.  It was a great experience, with great instructors.  The first day after lunch, when Greybeard was talking about the militia members killed at Lexington, it wasn't just dusty out for him .

I certainly have a new and better appreciation for the birth of our country, and the sacrifices that were made.  I also know my shooting abilities have a ways to go.  The highest I shot on the AQTs was 187.

Josh, as far as NWA HTF meets, I haven't seen any happen since I joined.  I think I'll have to start making an effort to get that to happen.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:02:48 AM EDT

I am thankful you enjoyed your weekend! If you did not we failed in more ways than one.

No worries on the AQT scores. It's a challenge for sure.

November will be here quicker than we know.

Kent
Top Top