Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 8:26:43 AM EDT
go shooting last night up Wildcat MT.?  With 1-2 feet of snow on the ground with my little toyota 4x4?  A couple hours before dark?  With only me and my buddy, no good winter clothing, and no shovel?  Was it a good idea to do this the day before I have three finals early in the morning?  The same finals that are already rescheduled because I'm leaving tommarow for North Carolina so if I don't do them today I fail my classes.  Was it a good idea to get my truck stuck and I mean fucking STUCK and have to call my dad (who allready thinks I'm an idiot for spending so much money on guns) to come get me out.  

It really started to suck when it got dark, the temp. dropped and made the snow so hard that even my dad's truck had trouble and we stayed up there digging snow untill midnight when we finally said fuck it and went home.  Now my truck is up Wildcat and I'm in school for a few more hours and then I have to go back up there and get it out today before I have to get on a plane to the other side of the county. Only my dad had to go to work and now I don't have a truck to get up there... looks like I'll be spending a pile of money on a tow truck. IF they will go up there.

Oh and I can't forget the part about me sleeping in because was so damn tired and missing my first final.  So that now I will have to ask my allready pissed of biology teacher to reschedule my test AGAIN.

Sorry for the bitch fest but I thought that at least you guys could get some entertainment out of my misery
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#1]
priorities man...

I feel the pain...

I have 4 finals this week, but save the shootfest till AFTER finals.

I've learned that's a much better idea and by the sound of it... so have you lol..
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Where's Wildcat Mt?

Edit: Found It. If you really need it, I've got a 3/4 ton 4x4 and could help you out if you REALLY need it.

Ziess
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
You should visit the survival forum from time to time.  I'll be the first to say there is some over-the-top stuff in there (like, way, way over) but if you can distinguish the signal from the static, you'll learn a lot about the outdoors and how to fare well while in them.  The very least this forum will do is get you think.  Should you've done that, you'd brought a shovel, chains, tow strap, comealong,  some good clothes and perhaps some food (all stuff I keep in the Tahoe, most all the time).  I know that doesn't help now but it will later.  Sorry to read of your plight.  Think positive.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh stuck on Wildcat mountain... Brings back memories.

I dont have the tires for it or I would come over and help. I havent been up there in a very long time.
CH
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where's Wildcat Mt?

Edit: Found It. If you really need it, I've got a 3/4 ton 4x4 and could help you out if you REALLY need it.

Ziess

Assuming some jackass hasn't stripped it yet....

One thing I learned a long time ago.....NEVER go up there with just one rig.....of course, you now know that too

Hope all goes well!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Shit, that rig is toast.  The Incestacada tweakers are probably already cutting up the frame with a torch.  

Personally, I would have stayed with the truck all night and defended it with deadly force.

I have a buddy who lives out that way.  We go up there all the time to shoot, drink beer and screw with the flatlanders.  (Yeah, I know I'm a flatlander, but I'm a mountain redneck at heart)

Let us know when you get it back.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#7]
In about 10 years you'll look back on this and you will be able to laugh as hard as your friends are laughing.   Now however I'm sure you're pissed at yourself.

Oh and I can't forget the part about me sleeping in because was so damn tired and missing my first final. So that now I will have to ask my allready pissed of biology teacher to reschedule my test AGAIN.

Man that brings back memories.  As a freshman I got special permission to take a Sociology test late b/c I was out of the country for 2 weeks.  But I was so jet lagged when I got back that I slept right through the make-up exam.  I went to see the teacher (I can't call her a prof, she was just a PhD candidate) and her exact words were "I'm really pissed at you."  Well I wound up getting a C or something in that class....more because I was a shitty student at that time than because of her.

Anyway I hope my little anecdote has helped lift your spirits in this time of crisis.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Man that brings back memories....

Me too. To pay my way through my Master's program I was a Teaching Assistant for the undergrad Engineering Ethics class. Since it was pass/fail, if you missed an assignment or unexcused absence, you failed.

Well, one girl missed a class. Showed up during my office hours. Ended up taking off all her clothes (not by my request, but I didn't complain).

She passed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too. To pay my way through my Master's program I was a Teaching Assistant for the undergrad Engineering Ethics class. Since it was pass/fail, if you missed an assignment or unexcused absence, you failed.

Well, one girl missed a class. Showed up during my office hours. Ended up taking off all her clothes (not by my request, but I didn't complain).

She passed.

I think that about defines the word Irony lol...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She passed.

I think that about defines the word Irony lol...

Yup!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She passed.

To show you the stitches from the surgery which was the reason for missing the class, no doubt.  

I really gotta wonder about how that situation started/unfolded.  "Well, can I make up the test if I take it in the nude?"  

Weren't you taking a risk?

(Was it worth it?)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if CodeAK got his truck back?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#13]
After dropping out of college for a couple years and now back in, it's all priorities.  Shooting and other fun must wait until finals are over for me.  It was bad enough I took the weekend off from studying, worked one day, and visited family the other.  2 Finals tommorow and one Thur.  Then I drink....and go shooting this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Your truck is probably stripped, burned and shot by now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#15]
OK I'm finally back with good news, I got my truck back all in one peice with no problems.

I fineshed up my tests at about 10:00 and headed back to Sandy. Honestly the tests sucked but all things considered I think I did OK given my sleep deprevation and stress level over my truck sitting all by her lonesom up Wildcat.  Maybe I shold try NoAim's trick with my professor but then again he might like it a little too much!

After a bunch of BS and pondering my options I broke down And called up All-Ways Towing.  They have a snow cat just for idiots like me. The rate is $200 per hour.
Oh well though, no other option.  We headed up there about 2:00 and found that there was about 3" of new snow.  Glad I didn't try to hike in and shovel myself out.  It would not have been possible with any truck.  We drove up as far as we could in the flatbed with the cat on it.

Now for the bast part: When the guy onloads the cat he tells me how it works and then says get in and clear a path for his truck to get the rest of the way up there!  Freaking awsome.  It was a blast driving a tracked vehicle through a couple feet of snow and now I think I need to go buy one for myself.  With the cat we pulled out my truck like it was a toy and were on our way shortly.  He also let my buddy drive the cat all the way back to the road.  

When we got back to the shop it had been two hours so $400.   He tells the secretary to ring me up for $300 and says thanks for helping drive the cat.  Hell, under other circumstances I'd pay to rent one of those puppys.

Anyway a huge nod goes towards Pat at All-Ways Towing, he was awsome and gave me a discount for driving his snowcat!  If anybody ever needs towing services I HIGHLY recomend him, he has several locations around here I think.

Also thanks to everyone who was concerned for someone you barley know or don't know at all.  It means a lot to me.  Especially Ziess for offering to help with his truck.

Thanks everyone and sorry about the long post.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I grew up in Sandy.  You?  Where are you taking classes?  There a small group of us at PSU.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Grew up in Sandy class of '03.  I'm just going to Mt Hood CC fineshing up general ed. credits.  You?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Good to see all turned out good  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Grew up in Sandy class of '03.  I'm just going to Mt Hood CC fineshing up general ed. credits.  You?

Ha ha, you're just a babe!  Class of '85.  First moved into Sandy in '71.  Things have changed a bit since then -- LOTS more traffic signals for one thing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I really gotta wonder about how that situation started/unfolded.  "Well, can I make up the test if I take it in the nude?"  

(Was it worth it?)

Well the backstory makes it less interesting. I'd already been sleeping with her for 2-3 weeks. It was more of a "teacher...can't I make up my grade? I'll do anything!" kind of thing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(Was it worth it?)

Well the backstory makes it less interesting. I'd already been sleeping with her for 2-3 weeks. It was more of a "teacher...can't I make up my grade? I'll do anything!" kind of thing.

Well that kinda kills the fun

You had just about sold me on Grad School lol...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad you made it out ok, sorry bout the $300 though. I still think my truck coulda made it up there :) Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha ha, you're just a babe!  Class of '85.  First moved into Sandy in '71.  Things have changed a bit since then -- LOTS more traffic signals for one thing.

I hate the traffic signals.  I haven't counted them in a while.  Are there still six?  When driving through on the way over the mountain, it's kindof fun to see if I can make it all the way through without actually stopping.  Rare, but it has happened...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top