Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 9:07:48 AM EST
Just wanted to get a feel about how all the Deer Hunters did? I got a 3 point (6 back east) Whitetail out near Pullman on some Private land on Saturday morning. Rem 700 30'06 at ~170 yards downhill. One shot and he dropped where I hit him. The butcher shop had a lot of hangers so I think it was a good opener. The weather could have been better cause I go soaked.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:23:46 AM EST
no one in the camp I was at had gotten anything more than a coyote. one of the guys with me shot at a 3x2 mulie, but I think he missed. we searched all over that hillside and never found a drop of blood.

I just saw does/fawns and a moose.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:01:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kooter:

Did you guys see the moose hanging from the power lines? Picture in the Seattle P-I.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:08:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By 2whiskeyP:

Originally Posted By Kooter:

Did you guys see the moose hanging from the power lines? Picture in the Seattle P-I.

not in the PI....what day was that? so I can see if the pic is online
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:29:10 PM EST
I saw 3 Doe's on saturday, and yesterday I saw 5 does and a fawn...

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:06:38 PM EST
I saw 10 does and 4 spikes. I was dissapointed because my son and I both took 3 points off some private land over by Chelan last year. Oh well, there is always next weekend. Unfortunately, My son cannot go. I guess I'll be going by myself.

And Sunday...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:24:27 PM EST
HOT TIP: Exotic Meat Store!

Works for fishing trips, too.

WHY come home empty-handed, when the hunted flesh is there, even if YOU didn't bring it home?!

"Didn't kill or catch anything today? SO WHAT! Eat it anyway!"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:33:00 AM EST
well... my 4 day hunt in Eastern WA, turned up empty handed...

I did sneak up on a heard of Elk, (scared me and them shitless) almost stepped on two of the biggest rabbits I have ever seen, and almost ran over a bobcat on the way out.

It rained, it snowed, it was waaay below freezing the entire trip, and the terrain was like walking up and down Mt Hood. (did I mention the wind was blowing so hard that the top of the tent was touching the ground when it blew, and it would bounce back up when it stopped?)

I had a BLAST.

too bad I didnt get any deer..

-Jason
Top Top