Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 4:16:20 PM EST
D.C. cops under orders to arrest tourists with empty bullet casings.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/warning-d.c.-cops-under-orders-to-arrest-tourists-with-empty-bullet-casings/article/2535216

"Washington police are operating under orders to arrest tourists and other non-residents traveling with spent bullet or shotgun casings, a crime that carries a $1,000 fine, a year in jail and a criminal record, according to a new book about the city's confusing gun laws."
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:36:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:00:13 PM EST
Why would anyone travel to DC with empty casings...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:32:44 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LARman0311:
Why would anyone travel to DC with empty casings...
View Quote

Emphasis added in case anyone missed it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:50:43 PM EST
It is undoubtedly the most fucked up city in these United States. Notwithstanding the clowns on both sides of the aisles in Congress, this is the city that put Marion Berry back into the mayor's office after his cocaine/prostitute debacle. They selectively enforce their own ordnances based on who is in violation (Swinestein can use "assault weapons" to espouse her legislation but to use a conservative is in violation). Makes no sense whatsoever. Best thing is to stay out of that city altogether.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:48:23 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:18:42 AM EST
How do so many people there get caught with brass so often? The only time i ever have brass on me is when im at the range.

I do understand the stupid is incredibly strong with that area...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:16:25 PM EST
easy to just not go to D.C.

plenty of better area's in America to visit
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:07:28 PM EST
Wonder if one of these would get someone into trouble.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:09:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By DrJester:

http://www.thecheapplace.com/image/data/Product-images/bullet-key-chains/BL020-bullet-key-chain.jpg

View Quote

Probably life without parole
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:56:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By LARman0311:
How do so many people there get caught with brass so often? The only time i ever have brass on me is when im at the range.

I do understand the stupid is incredibly strong with that area...
View Quote

I'm pretty sure I have a piece or two of .45 ACP brass rolling around in the center console of my truck. When I cleaned out my old Sonoma before I traded it in on my current Tundra, I found several pieces of .45 ACP, .30 Carbine, and a couple of .223 brass.

Surely you've gotten everything loaded into the truck, started to back out, and put it back in park to retrieve that one piece of brass you just saw. I know I have. And since your range bag is buried under a pile of guns in the bed of the truck, you just toss the piece of brass into your cup holder, center console, or cubbyhole in the door thinking "Need to remember to grab that when I get home" only to find it rolling around the truck 6 months (or years) later. Happens to all of us, right?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:14:45 PM EST
If I were arrested for having an empty cartridge in my possession I'd spend every waking moment possible telling every single person with any authority what a piece of sh!t they are, might as well, I'd sleep better in the SHU lol.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:16:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By DrJester:

http://www.thecheapplace.com/image/data/Product-images/bullet-key-chains/BL020-bullet-key-chain.jpg

View Quote

Those crap stains would probably arrest you for just having a crayon drawing of that thing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 11:04:22 AM EST
Stay in Virginia and metro to DC if you ever have to go. I live blocks away and never go into the city unless I have to.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 10:24:53 AM EST
Hell I am sure I have live ammo rolling around the floor of my truck under the seat all the time that never got retrieved , no telling how many spent casings.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 1:47:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:28:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 12:29:00 PM EST by OKLA-LAWMAN]
Heck it is a crime to possess pepper spray without a permit ( used to be a crime just to possess it) and a crime to possess hand cuff if not a police officer. Yet the police there can not tell the homeless people to move along of the side walk unless there are 4 or more..Wtf. All charges are filled by the US Attorney......
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:29:15 AM EST
Blows my mind that spent brass can get you jail time... D.C. is the model of what COULD happen if we stop fighting for our rights.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:55:40 AM EST
Top Top