Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/16/2010 3:56:27 AM EDT
Hey everyone. I wanted to run something by the forum.

I will be going to Arizona next month. I plan on bringing 2 pistols as I will be out there for about a week and driving from Flagstaff to Tucson. I was planning on just bringing the guns with me, but I'm worried about the flights. I have to catch a connecting flight both going and coming back. The connecting flight only has a 35min window. So I'm worried that the pistols won't make the connection. Once I arrive in AZ, scheduling will not allow me to have to drive back to the airport to pickup the pistols.

So another thread got me thinking, why not just ship the pistols to myself at the hotel I'm staying at. Then just ship them back to myself when I leave AZ.

With that being said, what carrier would you use. I'm thinking FedEx as I have an account with them. Let me know your guys thoughts.

PS> Yes, I have a permit that allows me to CCW in AZ (I have NY, PA, FL, CT, UT, ect)
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 4:34:38 AM EDT
So long as you use next day air, and ship them to your self, you are golden.

When I ship pistols to myself I ship the slides UPS /FedEx ground, and the frame next day, thus reducing the chance of someone stealing a complete gun from me, and also lowering shipping charges (usually a Glock).

/ml
Top Top