Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/9/2006 1:34:12 PM EDT
Hello all, lately I've been looking at the Walther G22 rifle and it looks like a fun little plinker but I have a couple questions:
1. Is it CA legal?
2. Does anyone here own one? Whats your opinion of the rifle? I would just be using it for general plinking. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:39:22 PM EDT
Yes, CA legal. 22s are not subject to ban.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:54:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mrclark2:
Hello all, lately I've been looking at the Walther G22 rifle and it looks like a fun little plinker but I have a couple questions:
1. Is it CA legal?
2. Does anyone here own one? Whats your opinion of the rifle? I would just be using it for general plinking. Thanks.

1. Yes, they are CA-legal and they can be seen in your local gun stores.
2. The only think I don't like is carry handle/scope mount/rear sight. Why don't they make it in metal? The polymer looks cheap.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:03:15 PM EDT
Not only are they completely legal in California, but they're also a whole LOT of fun too! Basically you can take all your accessories (EOtech, etc) from your other rifles and cluster them onto the G22. Then you can plink away to your heart's content both at indoor and outdoor ranges.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:34:21 AM EDT
they're fun and legal, but they have crappy takedown instructions and mine jams. ALOT.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:43:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AKLover_91:
they're fun and legal, but they have crappy takedown instructions and mine jams. ALOT.

Yeah, thats pretty much been the concensus so far. Fun and accurate gun, but a bitch to take apart/clean. Might I ask what about the rifle makes it such a pain to takedown? Also, any pictures? :D Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:02:50 AM EDT
10/22 reliability in a bullpup package.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:32:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mrclark2:

Originally Posted By AKLover_91:

Yeah, thats pretty much been the concensus so far. Fun and accurate gun, but a bitch to take apart/clean. Might I ask what about the rifle makes it such a pain to takedown? Also, any pictures? :D Thanks.

crappy instructions. It says "knock out the two pins on the action housing to remove". Except theres no picture, and 15 pins Other than that though, they're fun.
Top Top