Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 6:30:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:45:08 AM EST
how long until the county or state start running radar there?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:15:47 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tier1bro:
View Quote

local PD will possibly be absorbed by county SO to patrol the area. But none of that revenue would go to the city of Waldo, so I would assume they wouldn't be as heavy with enforcment.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:06:15 PM EST
Since people wont be so afraid to go there now, maybe business will pick up, increasing the tax revenues.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:21:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By ar154all:
Since people wont be so afraid to go there now, maybe business will pick up, increasing the tax revenues.
View Quote

Blasphemy
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:09:38 PM EST
what will happen of course, is that the folks in Waldo will just have to live with azzholes driving 75 through town. The County does not have the extra officers to patrol Waldo. Open season now in Waldo for all sorts of criminals.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:42:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By TailHunter:

local PD will possibly be absorbed by county SO to patrol the area. But none of that revenue would go to the city of Waldo, so I would assume they wouldn't be as heavy with enforcment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TailHunter:
Originally Posted By tier1bro:

When a citation is written WITHIN a municipality limits, even by a county deputy, there is a place on the citation to indicate it... thus the Clerks Office knows to slice a % to the City.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:44:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By Mannlicher:
what will happen of course, is that the folks in Waldo will just have to live with azzholes driving 75 through town. The County does not have the extra officers to patrol Waldo. Open season now in Waldo for all sorts of criminals.
View Quote

I'm sure a contract agreement will be created.. the City will pay for services and get specific officer coverage. That's the way it's been in all the small cities I've seen absorbed by county Sheriff's Offices. I think other small departments need a hard look... this is the tip of the iceberg.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:34:30 PM EST
I counted 3 FHP between the Flea Market and the bridge.

I wonder if DD will close now?

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:09:41 AM EST
Where do I pay the cover charge to get in gainsville now
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:12:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By 85blazer:
Where do I pay the cover charge to get in gainsville now
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:02:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By THEBAUMER:
I counted 3 FHP between the Flea Market and the bridge.

I wonder if DD will close now?

View Quote

up to Jax at 10 am, and back through at 4pm. Not a cop, of any kind, in sight. Traffic speed down 301 was about 60. No one even slowed down.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:17:57 AM EST
If Florida has no quotas, how come I never see packs of FHP until the end of the month?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:09:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
If Florida has no quotas, how come I never see packs of FHP until the end of the month?
View Quote

Top Top