Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 4:15:22 PM EDT
Waiting for a gun sucks.  I ordered one from a dealer in RI yesterday and now I've got to wait for the FFL form to make its way there, and then for him to overnight the pistol to me.  Arrrgghhh...  Well, guess I can kill time sitting around and loading some bullets for it...  I'm hoping to have it Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

It's a Springfield Armory PX9503--1911 w/ alloy officers frame and 4" barrel.

It's earmarked to be my CCW weapon.  Although I still have to get off my rear and take the stinkin' class.  Joe's probably forgotten all about me since I last talked to him about his CCW class.

Oh well, I guess the waiting could be worse.  I could be living in the KSR...
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
NO SHIT
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Bronco,

Who did you use as an FFL for the transfer and what did they charge you?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Mike, I use Spurlock's in Henderson.  Charges $25.  About the only place I know of as being cheaper is Ace Hardware in Overton for $20, but that's a healthy drive to save $5.

Also, I used Spurlock's in the past when I ordered a stripped lower from Quantico, so they now have him on file.  FYI for those that don't want to wait for an FFL form to make it through the mail.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Mr. Spurlock is a nice guy.  I stopped there once and he just let me browse around and not rush me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Mike, that's probably the reason why I returned to his store when I was new to it.  People there are friendly towards new faces walking in the door, even if they are "just browsing."  

His shop is also very close to my house, so sometimes I'll stop by to see what's going on  or if he has any new supplies I can't live without.  He had some plain bagged .223 reloads at $10/100.  Sure I reload myself, but that's a decent deal for basic blasting/plinking ammo especially when I factor in my time.  They didn't last long though.

Sure there's times I go in to see what's going on and he is busy with a bunch of customers.  At least he makes the point of saying "Hi" to me.  

And I think that's why I like going there.  Rance and his crew make you feel welcome there.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 People there are friendly towards new faces walking in the door, even if they are "just browsing."  

That's an important thing, and very hard to find. I'll have to stop by and check that place out someday. The only other friendly gunshop in town IMHO is Center Mass, Leon is a really nice guy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I've spoke w/ Leon before and he seems to be a nice guy.  However, most of the times I get there it is just a few minutes before he closes since he closes at 5:30 and I get off work at 5:00.  As such a couple times it looks like he's had a full day and ready to go home.  But even under those conditions he is still helpful though.

Maybe it's a Henderson thing?

BTW, has anybody ever seen the gun store on the north end of Water St. in downtown Henderson open?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Was on Western today and it looks like a new place sprung up next to AA Gunsmithing.....anyone know about it? I'll get the name of it tommorrow.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Where is Western Avenue? I've been trying to find that place...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]
That's the street that Cheetah's is on.  Just follow the sign!

During the day....

and at night.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
And all this time I was roaming around Olympic Gardens.......
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That's the street that Cheetah's is on.  Just follow the sign!

During the day....
members.cox.net/serrada/day.jpg

and at night.
members.cox.net/serrada/night.jpg

The place I was talking about seems to be part of A and A Gunsmithing, looks like they just refreshed the sign to make it look new. Does anyone know if A and A is ever open? It always looks closed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I called AA too and no one answers.  I believe the guy who runs the place was at DBS a few months ago, so I guess they are active some how.  I heard they do a lot of smithing for Metro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top