Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2008 6:00:09 PM EST
Anybody know how long it usually takes to get one in Muscatine?.....been waiting a few days now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 10:16:36 PM EST
3 day waiting period. Did you pay for mailing? Clinton Co. charges an arm and a leg for mailing. If not call and see what is up. You may need to go pick it up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 10:29:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2008 10:31:43 PM EST by netofficer3710]
I don't wanna hijack the thread but I had a question on the same subject

anyone in buchanan county?

do they give you the permit the same day in buchanan county predated to kick in 3 days later? or do I have to come in 3 days later to pick it up?

I know every county does it differently

I turn 21 feb 4th and i'll be going in that day to apply

3 days later I plan to go buy a new glock 17 from cedar valley outfitters
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:49:38 AM EST
I can't speak for Muscatine County, but in Johnson permits are mailed. It can be anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks to get it. As best I can tell, only one person in the department handles permits; depending on her workload/vacation/sick leave situation it can be a real guessing game when it shows up.

When I lived in Story County, you walked out with the permit in your hands, dated three days hence.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 11:40:23 AM EST
I'm not sure how it would be legal for them to require mailing the permit,
and then it taking 3 weeks.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:23:30 PM EST
I was told by a resident here in town that it could take up to two weeks to receive,at least that is the longest he has heard of. You know,it is a good thing I was not counting on this for anything silly....like protection.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top