Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 1/18/2008 7:00:09 PM EDT
Anybody know how long it usually takes to get one in Muscatine?.....been waiting a few days now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
3 day waiting period. Did you pay for mailing? Clinton Co. charges an arm and a leg for mailing. If not call and see what is up. You may need to go pick it up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't wanna hijack the thread but I had a question on the same subject

anyone in buchanan county?

do they give you the permit the same day in buchanan county predated to kick in 3 days later? or do I have to come in 3 days later to pick it up?

I know every county does it differently

I turn 21 feb 4th and i'll be going in that day to apply

3 days later I plan to go buy a new glock 17 from cedar valley outfitters
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't speak for Muscatine County, but in Johnson permits are mailed.  It can be anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks to get it.  As best I can tell, only one person in the department handles permits;  depending on her workload/vacation/sick leave situation it can be a real guessing game when it shows up.

When I lived in Story County, you walked out with the permit in your hands, dated three days hence.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure how it would be legal for them to require mailing the permit,
and then it taking 3 weeks.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I was told by a resident here in town that it could take up to two weeks to receive,at least that is the longest he has heard of.  You know,it is a good thing I was not counting on this for anything silly....like protection.    
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top