Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:32:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
As I understand the WY regs. No - you can not get a WY permit if you are a nonres. You can get a Utah CCW permit and it will be recognized in WY as well as several other states - While I am not a legal expert I believe  technically your WY permit may be currenly non-valid if you are no longer a WY resident unless you formally notified WY within 30 days of your move to UT. Check here for exact details on WY CCW.

http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/CWPFAQ.html

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not heard why Wyoming decided to not allow nonres to hold a nonres license. I expect because of the size of the state and to keep costs down they chose to not get set up to deal with more than their own populace. Several other states appear to make good money off of having dual permit holders - I agree with you two is always better than one as in two guns, knives or cases of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The wife is a Canadian (yes she is here legally and regiestered & has a "green card") yet WY will not issue her a CCW since she is not a American citizen
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Should have stayed in God's county, Dan.  As for your question, the answer is no.  Though, you should have no problems carrying concealed in WY since your UT CCW is recognized.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted: That's stupid.  She can buy a gun right?  

Yep she has purchased firearms before, but the way the state statue is written she must be a American citizen to get a CCW here in the "free" state of Wyoming.

Being married to a American, being here legally (over 12 years married and with a student visa before that) with all paperwork filled out legally does not mean squat.

Someday hopefully she will get her citizenship so Wyoming will recognize her (even though she pays Wyoming taxes) and grant her the privledge of a Wy CCW
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#8]
not to get off-topic, but wasnt there a bill recently in WY that would allow anyone over 21 to carry without a permit required? Anyone know about this and if it passed?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
not to get off-topic, but wasnt there a bill recently in WY that would allow anyone over 21 to carry without a permit required? Anyone know about this and if it passed?

Yep & it got shot down like a pitbull on a baby.

And people think Wyoming is pro gun
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's probably because all of the political money and alot of "politically correct" influences are coming out of Teton County ( only blue county in the State in the 2004 presidential election?)  Bunch of California, liberal asshats in that part of the State now.

People of Wyoming!  Take back Teton County!  ( If you have a few Billion).

SM
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's probably because all of the political money and alot of "politically correct" influences are coming out of Teton County ( only blue county in the State in the 2004 presidential election?)  Bunch of California, liberal asshats in that part of the State now.

People of Wyoming!  Take back Teton County!  ( If you have a few Billion).

SM

Damn, that sucks. And that's just it, isnt it? I dont think anyone who lives in Jackson/Teton cty. is even from Wyoming anymore. Shame too, because that is some of the most beautiful land in the state, maybe in the US
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top