Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2011 7:09:07 PM EDT
Just saw Keith Morgan on the news (WCHS) discussing the WVCDL's lawsuit against Charleston, South Charleston, and Dunbar. Good luck guys
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:43:15 PM EDT
I'll have to go try to see the interview online,.Even though I live on the other side of the river, I work in Charleston and am a native hillbilly. Hope Keith and the guys can score a big one for gun owners!
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:02:08 PM EDT
Yeah. All of the major news stations did a report on the late broadcast. Ironically, it was the first story that was aired.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:38:26 AM EDT
A law suit against the City of Martinsburg, has also been filed in Federal Court by the WVCDL. It is time to go on the attack! Martinsburgs laws are so ambiguous that they just suck!
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:52:34 AM EDT
I have a feeling they (M'burg) will fold before it ever hits a court date.
Too much money and too much face to lose if it goes past the first few punches.

But, I fully expect that until that point there will be a lot of below the belt hits from the city. Be careful downtown until it's over.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:54:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:12:01 AM EDT
It is going to get ugly in Charleston I have a feeling. I am a named litigant on the suit filed down here and I am just waiting to be hassled by Charleston PD. Brent Webster (police chief) and Danny Jones (mayor) are ragingly anti-gun, so it will be highly interesting to see how it all washes out. Art Thomm (one of board members) was on the news up in Martinsburg, as the OP said Keith Morgan (the WVCDL president) was on the news down here and Jim Mullins (WVCDL founder and our lawyer) has been quoted quite a bit in various articles.

Between these lawsuits and the bill we are introducing in the Legislature, it is going to be a very interesting few months/years around these parts!
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:41:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By vanrichten:
It is going to get ugly in Charleston I have a feeling. I am a named litigant on the suit filed down here and I am just waiting to be hassled by Charleston PD. Brent Webster (police chief) and Danny Jones (mayor) are ragingly anti-gun, so it will be highly interesting to see how it all washes out. Art Thomm (one of board members) was on the news up in Martinsburg, as the OP said Keith Morgan (the WVCDL president) was on the news down here and Jim Mullins (WVCDL founder and our lawyer) has been quoted quite a bit in various articles.

Between these lawsuits and the bill we are introducing in the Legislature, it is going to be a very interesting few months/years around these parts!

That reminds me - I heard a quote from Jim Mullins on the radio yesterday; 580's news report talked about the lawsuit a few times yesterday. In the news last night, there was a quote from the Rod Blackstone, the lieutenant mayor of Charleston (didn't even know we had one - looked on the city's website, searched for him, and the only place I could see him listed was on the Municipal Planning Commission...), and he sounds like a real genius I guess he doesn't understand Constitutional rights...

I really hope these cities fold like it sounds like Martinsburg may. Again, good luck, WVCDL
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:48:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheMountaineer:
That reminds me - I heard a quote from Jim Mullins on the radio yesterday; 580's news report talked about the lawsuit a few times yesterday. In the news last night, there was a quote from the Rod Blackstone, the lieutenant mayor of Charleston (didn't even know we had one - looked on the city's website, searched for him, and the only place I could see him listed was on the Municipal Planning Commission...), and he sounds like a real genius I guess he doesn't understand Constitutional rights...

I really hope these cities fold like it sounds like Martinsburg may. Again, good luck, WVCDL

Yeah, Blackstone is a real winner. On one of the reports he made the comment to just carry anyway, if it is concealed how would they know, unless you were acting suspiciously. Way to go genius, you are saying to do it anyway, so why have to ordnance in the first place?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:11:35 AM EDT

57.5% and 344 votes yes
42.5% and 254 votes no.

Of course I voted no....icky guns
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:24:50 PM EDT

Did you guys file in Kanawha Circuit Court or in SDWVA? I'd love to read the Complaint.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:39:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SkullFarmer:

Did you guys file in Kanawha Circuit Court or in SDWVA? I'd love to read the Complaint.

We filed in US District Court. The complaints are on our homepage here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:30:53 PM EDT

Excellent –– which judge got assigned?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:13:56 PM EDT

Excellent –– which judge got assigned?

Honestly, I am not sure if one has yet. Jim, our lawyer, has not mentioned it as of yet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:19:32 PM EDT
I know I'm offtopic here, but does anyone know anyone over at the WVCDL forum to approve my membership request to the forum?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:24:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Stangman2v:
I know I'm offtopic here, but does anyone know anyone over at the WVCDL forum to approve my membership request to the forum?

Shoot me a PM here with what name you used to register over there and I will have the president confirm it. He looks at every attempted registration, so it can get backed up.

Thanks
Top Top