Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:51:21 PM EDT
I am a non-IL resident without a FOID that will be visting southern Illinois and will NOT be anywhere near Chicago and the handgun ban counties.

I know IL forbids open and concealed carry. I know vehicle carry is a no-no and that the handgun should be unloaded and locked in the trunk with the ammo separate.

Can I keep a loaded handgun in my hotel room?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:30:02 PM EDT
My understanding is that you should be fine. Non-Illinois residents can actually buy ammo here without a FOID.

This should help...

Illinois State Police FOID FAQ

From the Illinois State Police Website:
If a non-resident is coming to Illinois to hunt and would like to bring their firearm, how do they legally transport it?

Non- residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:
1) Unloaded, and
2) Enclosed in a case, and
3) Not immediately accessible or broken down in a nonfunctioning state.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm

Hunting season or not, I think the above should apply.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 1:00:47 PM EDT by npd233]

Originally Posted By prebans:
I am a non-IL resident without a FOID that will be visting southern Illinois and will NOT be anywhere near Chicago and the handgun ban counties.

I know IL forbids open and concealed carry. I know vehicle carry is a no-no and that the handgun should be unloaded and locked in the trunk with the ammo separate.

Can I keep a loaded handgun in my hotel room?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, you can. Don't be like the lady from Arizona who was in our town last week, though. She left hers behind in the nightstand when she checked out. It's sitting in our property room right now while she figures out how to make arrangements to come back and get it
Top Top