Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 4:19:36 AM EDT
I'm not sure where this should go, so I'll put it on the HTF.  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JU4oMinw38
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
HOT

I wonder what the story behind that is.  I bet ole guy who got left hangin was freaking out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
too funny. looked like a third world army so I bet the pilots are not real great or maybe the pilot hates fast ropers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Not knowing the situation, it's hard to say..........but, the pilot is usually relying on crew members or a ground spotter to tell him when those guys jump out and when they're on the ground.  With the doors on (without the big bubble windows you see on the logging helicopters,) it's damn hard to turn around and look behind you or look down, especially with a helmet on.  He had no idea he was pulling those guys through the trees because he probably couldn't see them.

I rely on my medical crew to open the rear doors and look behind and below us, because I sure as hell can't see it when I'm in a vertical drop into a LZ.  The NVGs give you even more tunnel vision.

Some of helicopters setup for heavy lift will have a mirror mounted on the front skid for the pilot to see the load, rather than flying blind and taking visual signals from his spotter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top