Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 3:09:17 PM EDT
My wife and I have been shopping at basha's since we moved here and only today did I notice a NO FIREARMS sign on the door going in. We usually use the other entrance and I've never seen a sign like that. Is this something new? Why the fu*k would a grocery store need to prohibit legally carried firearms?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok time for us to step up to the plate and let it be known.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why the fu*k would a grocery store need to prohibit legally carried firearms?

CYA?

Fear of getting sued if they allow CCW and a guy goes on a shooting rampage in the granola aisle.

Other than that, remember when he ran for Governor? Eddie Basha's a flaming Liberal Democrat.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
sign? what sign? how am i suppossed to see the tiny sign?

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
... Fuck Basha's. There's other places to get groceries. Why, just the other day I noticed that the Arizona Sportsman's Warehouse put a soda and candy machine in.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
One of his offspring owns a Minigun and some very nice transferables.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
... Fuck Basha's. There's other places to get groceries. Why, just the other day I noticed that the Arizona Sportsman's Warehouse put a soda and candy machine in.

I know, we go other places as well. This sign doesn't stop me from carrying in their store. Same deal with Costco's only I noticed Costco's sign AFTER we signed up. If the sign isn't in spanish then I ignore it
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
sign? what sign? how am i suppossed to see the tiny sign?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Saying you saw them and chose to ignore them is a bad thing in a public forum...Especially if you have to use the thing the things say you can't have in the store....
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
It is also amazing how many joints I never realize sell beer out of a tiny box in the corner when I'm out for a quick snack.  I guess I should read the menu a little closer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Ive heard they have signs up, but I still open carry in there all day long.  Never any problems whatsoever.

And FNGs right, his nephew (I think) bought the Predator Mini Gun and has much other fun stuff.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never seen one of those signs anywhere.

I don't shop at that FAT SLOB democrat's stores anyway.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#11]
His son David Basha is an avid class III guy.  Yes, has a minigun (which costs a FORTUNE to shoot for any length of time).

Today he listed several of his goodies for sale on the net including

1. Norrell 10/22 Trigger pack with Bolt installed in Advanced Armament Suppressed 10/22. Gun is brand new and trigger pack is used. Comes with a couple of 50 round tear drop drums - $6000.00

2. Powder Springs/ RPB Overstamp M11 with Suppressor in .380 auto. Gun is used but in excellent shape. Comes with three 32 round Magazines. Suppressor was rebuilt by AWC. - $3000.00

3. Heckler and Koch G3 .308 converted by Fleming - Reg. Rec. Clip on Metal Lower. Gun is in excleent shap and comes with one 20 round Magazine. $9000.00

4. Pre 86 Dealer Sample Heckler and Koch G3 .308 - gun in good condition but definitely used. Comes with one 20 round magazine. - $4750.00

6. Post 86 Dealer Sample Heckler and Koch MP5SDA2 9mm - gun in good condition but definitely used. Comes with Fixed Stock and SEF lower Comes with one 30round magazine. - $1500.00

7. Post 86 Dealer Sample Heckler and Koch MP5SDA2 9mm - gun in good condition but definitely used. Comes with Fixed Stock and SEF lower Comes with one 30round magazine. - $1500.00

I'm guessing he's got other toys to play with.

And my guess is the sign is only for CYA.  If someone brings a gun in and for whatever reason shoots someone else, it will help Bashas in their liability.

It's a messed up world we live in.

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Im guessing he is a Class III dealer?  Since he has a Mini Gun and post 86 samples?  Or am I wrong?
Mike
PS where on the web is this stuff listed for sale at?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've never seen one of those signs anywhere.

I don't shop at that FAT SLOB democrat's stores anyway.

You are anti-heterosexual.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Im guessing he is a Class III dealer?  Since he has a Mini Gun and post 86 samples?  Or am I wrong?
Mike
PS where on the web is this stuff listed for sale at?

where ALL good NFA is listed.

www.subguns.com

Go into the message boards and look around.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#15]
If you read the fine print of the sign it says, "Except for those with carry permits" or something to that effect.  They probably just don't want open carry to scare off customers and are covering their asses.

You would be in awe if you saw all the guns, toys, and ammo that David, his son, and Eddie, the dad owned...

I mean, just imagine the collection YOU would have if you had the $$$ to buy everything you ever wanted!  That's Dave and Eddie.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you read the fine print of the sign it says, "Except for those with carry permits" or something to that effect.  They probably just don't want open carry to scare off customers and are covering their asses.

You would be in awe if you saw all the guns, toys, and ammo that David, his son, and Eddie, the dad owned...

I mean, just imagine the collection YOU would have if you had the $$$ to buy everything you ever wanted!  That's Dave and Eddie.

I looked for fine print and there was none. Just the same warning in Espanol.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I looked for fine print and there was none. Just the same warning in Espanol.

joo no espeeka espanitch?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Well today we went out to Arizonastan today.  Guss who was there. David Basha.  So I asked him about it.  he said to the effiect that they do not allow open carry. (Sounds like it scared the snowbirds.  C.C. is a different matter.  Out of sight out of mind.

David is a pretty cool guy.  He defently had some kick ass toys out there.  he let me run a mag through his suppresed MP5.

I was drouling all over the FNP90.  .35 cents a round.

I did get to shot a FN Five-seveN.  Sweet pistol.

Had some Tannerite fun.
Then some Jack Ass's in a jeep went in front of the fireing line.

Anyway I just thought i would let you all know what David had to say about the whole C.C. deal in the stores.
Mike
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks Mike.

Dave is a pretty cool guy, can't vouch for Eddie.

So what all toys did Dave bring?  Was he with a big guy named Travis (shaved head or close to it)?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Eddie Basha's a flaming Liberal Democrat.

Quite interesting since a fiend of his family told me several years ago that he is a HUGE collector of black rifles, Class III and what not........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top