Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 3:19:25 PM EDT
I don't know if anyone else saw this on TV, but in at least two separate campaign appearances (one in NorCal) I swear I saw OC Sheriff Mike Corona with Gray Davis. Am I going crazy here? Or does it have to do with the outright bribery by Davis of the prison guards and PD's in this state? I thought Corona was a good guy, with his more reasonable CCW issues?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Corona probubly bases his politacal support on a single issue, whats best for his Deputies. As much as I hate Davis, he's as pro LE as any Govenor that ever existed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Corona probubly bases his politacal support on a single issue, whats best for his Deputies. As much as I hate Davis, he's as pro LE as any Govenor that ever existed.

Yeah, he gives the prison guards their huge pay increases and they give him their votes.

I know CDC people have a shitty job, but that's the one they chose, no one made them take it. I'd feel a lot better if that money was going to street cops for more and better training.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you guys forget something???? Davis pro LE????

After Davis gave the state prison guards their 35% (or whatever it was in the thirty something category), he recinded the raise after he was re-elected.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......That's what those one minded LEO "UNIONS" get.  They only care about thier pay checks and to heck with the rest of the state's wellfare.

I should know, because I'm a member of the Los Angeles County Deputy Sheriff's Assoc (aka: ALADS).  I'm only a member because it supplies me with a free lawyer in the event I'm sued etc...

My damn "UNION" loves Gray Davis and the Democrates, yet every deputy I know votes Republican!  It's all about the "big dollar" and nothing else.

Pure politics and no moral ethics.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty much across the board
Sheriffs and Chiefs and higher-ups will be dem's
The guys out on the street Rep's

Same with F.D.'s Davis was at OC's Fire Union as well. It's always been that way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]
HKusp45- so what do you think of Mr. Baca? After reading the piece on him in the LA Weekly I'm not sure if applying for the LASD is the right thing for me when my tour is up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you sure it was Mike Carona? He is a longtime friend of Arnold and Maria, and in fact, he's on Arnold's transition team.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup it was corona, but remember he gave no outwardly support of davis. he does go to most of the demo fund raisers but also goes to some repub functions as well.  He seems to be a political fence sitter, which overall could be good considering his views and may help him when he goes for political office.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#8]
sheriff baca aint no friend to gun owners, hes a big liberal dem politician.
but then so was sheriff block before him, maybe a bit better than baca.

there are obviously a lot of other sheriff depts around, and i think riverside sheriff is/was hiring, LASD has a hiring freeze at the moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top