Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2005 7:08:13 PM EDT
Wish TV just had a report of someone robbing a Burger King in Indy with a dangerous machinegun. The weapon you ask - a TEC 9. Or as the put on their webpage; TECH 9. Their ignorance is unbelievable.

READ HERE

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]

"It's completely different if it was a pistol, but it's a machine gun and he could've taken everyone out at one time," victim Matt says, "It makes me kind of wonder where are they coming from.  They have to be coming from somewhere."

I respect that this guy just had a tramatic experience but this is nuts.  Getting held up with a pistol would be no better than being held up with anything else.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent the reporter an e-mail and told her to do 5 minutes of research next time. Even my wife was commenting on what a moronic assumption this was, calling a TEC-9 a MG.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 4:29:07 AM EDT
[#3]
That happened about a half mile from where I live.  It wouldnt surprise me at all if it was one of the worthless heel draggers living near me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I sent the reporter an e-mail and told her to do 5 minutes of research next time. Even my wife was commenting on what a moronic assumption this was, calling a TEC-9 a MG.

Invite her to go shooting with you sometime.  The ignorant and liberal media are the first priority for re-education on the subject of guns.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What is her name, I'll add my two cents...nicely of course...
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is her name, I'll add my two cents...nicely of course...

Marlee Ginter; her email is [email protected]

They changed the headline on WISHTV to Victims Speak After Frightening Hold-up but the text of the story still says a machinegun was used.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, you would think for reporters they would be a little more informed.  Just goes to show they are just interested in getting a rise out of people rather than reporting the news accuratly.  

On a similar note i have this friend who lives in a bad part of town, and he had a shooting right next door to his apartment.  He posted on his blog, " It actually was a Tech-9 automatic which delivers .40caliber rounds at 32 rounds a second."

Talk about ignorance.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Email sent with an invitation to "meet and shoot with many very knowledgeable and responsible gun owners".
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#9]
E-mail sent as well.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got a "Read" message, we'll see if she responds...
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for e-mailing this lady, guys. For some reason this statement just really ticked me off. The outright lie just baffles me.

ETA: If you read the story now on WISH TV's site, it doesn't call the TEC9 a machinegun. Just a more "dangerous" weapon. Too bad they've told victim Matt that he was held up by a machinegun - now he's probably convinced everyone he knows that a TEC9 is a MG. Funny how just because a gun looks different, it's more dangerous.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I've sent an email to the reporter as well.  Just for good measure I CC'd the general manager, news director, asst. news director, and the news operations manager....their emails are below if anyone is interested.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

hinking.gif
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#13]
E-mail to them:
-----------------------

Dear Mr White,
I just heard of your story on the internet. You incorrectly referred to the TEC-9 handgun as a machine gun.  The TEC 9 is not a machine gun it is a high powered handgun.

With all due respect, please research the topic you are going to report on before you report it.

Sincerely,
(deej86)
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
E-mail to them:
-----------------------

The TEC 9 is not a machine gun it is a high powered handgun.

Since when is a 9mm high powered
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 3:20:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Email sent with an invitation to "meet and shoot with many very knowledgeable and responsible gun owners".

Good man!  
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Received this a few minutes ago...

"Thanks for the info!  This was information we received from the Marion County Sheriff’s Department and we have since clarified this information with them.  We do understand it was, in fact, a semi-automatic hand weapon with the capability of becoming fully automatic with alternations. We have changed our website story to include the more accurate description.

Thanks again and please keep watching!  I’ll keep your info handy for future stories as well!

Marlee"

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
hand weapon? alternations?

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Good job Marion County Sheriff's Department! And where did they receive their info from? Hollywood, perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#19]
i'm guessing marlee dosen't ad the ''capabillty of fully automatic fire with alterations'' comment when talking about police/govt. guns. sadly just more of the same ignorant antigun propaganda.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I've met a few of our bous in brown who are extremely anti gun.  The one's I'm talking about stopped just short of saying that they don't think anyone should be issued a handgun permit and that the whole system was a joke.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Unfortunately this guy has struck again:

WISH TV 8, Story

I guess the only good thing is that we've kept WISH TV from calling a TEC 9 a machinegun. I hope they catch this a-hole though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Received this a few minutes ago...

"Thanks for the info!    We do understand it was, in fact, a semi-automatic hand weapon with the capability of becoming fully automatic with alternations. We have changed our website story to include the more accurate description.

Don't educate the media. WTF were you thinking??
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Unfortunately this guy has struck again:

WISH TV 8, Story

I guess the only good thing is that we've kept WISH TV from calling a TEC 9 a machinegun. I hope they catch this a-hole though.

Agreed.  

Guns are cool.  Robbing people with them is not.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:35:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I've heard robbing people at gun point is against the law.  Maybe I am missing something?  If it is against the law, people will not do it, right?  Like those silly gun owners...  If we just outlaw guns, then nobody will ever be robbed at gun point again.  Oh, but robbing someone at gun point is already against the law.  Oh, but if we outlaw guns, they can't rob someone at gun point, because they won't have any guns.  Yes, guns should definately be outlawed.  Then we will all live in peace and harmony on communal farms.  and smoke grass all day.  just as soon as guns are outlawed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard robbing people at gun point is against the law.  Maybe I am missing something?  If it is against the law, people will not do it, right?  Like those silly gun owners...  If we just outlaw guns, then nobody will ever be robbed at gun point again.  Oh, but robbing someone at gun point is already against the law.  Oh, but if we outlaw guns, they can't rob someone at gun point, because they won't have any guns.  Yes, guns should definately be outlawed.  Then we will all live in peace and harmony on communal farms.  and smoke grass all day.  just as soon as guns are outlawed.

I never said anything about outlawing guns...I said that there are right and wrong ways to use a gun.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like it's a special model, it doesn't jam
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:41:27 AM EDT
[#27]
damn, bringing fists to a gun fight isn't a wise move. Sounds like the guy is going to be ok though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
damn, bringing fists to a gun fight isn't a wise move. Sounds like the guy is going to be ok though.

Hope so.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#29]
It looks like they may have the weapon used in the 15 cases in Marion County and the 2 cases in Fishers. Now to find the 2 suspects. link
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It looks like they may have the weapon used in the 15 cases in Marion County and the 2 cases in Fishers. Now to find the 2 suspects. link

Good thing they found the weapon.  Maybe they can run prints on it and see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry, but I guess I'm just so anal that I HAVE to point this out.  Someone found this "TEC-9" in their back yard.  Pictures on the news last night on WTHR 13.  Guess what?  It's not a TEC-9 (technically), and it's not even an "assault weapon."  It's a POST-BAN version of the TEC-9, the AB-10.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sorry, but I guess I'm just so anal that I HAVE to point this out.  Someone found this "TEC-9" in their back yard.  Pictures on the news last night on WTHR 13.  Guess what?  It's not a TEC-9 (technically), and it's not even an "assault weapon."  It's a POST-BAN version of the TEC-9, the AB-10.

You're not anal, I noticed the same thing myself. I was going to post something similar to yours, but just never got around to it. It's gone from being a machinegun to a TEC-9 to a regular 'ol AB-10. Not quite the "machinegun" WISH TV originally reported.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top