Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2011 12:38:48 PM EDT
WARNING: Graphic Video of Egyptian Police Shooting And Killing Teen Protester - Raw Battle Footage

Link to video:

http://dailybail.com/home/warning-graphic-video-of-egyptian-police-shooting-and-killin.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheDailyBail+(The+Daily+Bail)&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a good debate in your other thread. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rubber bullet that killed him. They have been known to be fatal in the head area.

He did grab another rock to chuck, which could easily meet the deadly force requirements.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm curious what percentage of the protesters are actually Iranian and not Egyptian.

as bad as Mubarak may be, ElBaradei will most likely be very pro Islam and this could be just like when the Shah of Iran was kicked out and the Ayatollah took over. since we now have a weaker president than Carter was then, i don't see that going well for us or Israel.

and the Nobel Peace Prize committee hardly has the best track record on picking "worthy recipients". they've given the thing to Arafat, Obama, Gore and Carter,  so BFD if ElBaradei has one too!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
what do i think?

dont throw rocks at cops.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Not what I would call an unusual occurrence in the middle east.  I doubt the Egyptians are equipped with rubber bullets as well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
what do i think?

They aren't "cops." They're the security forces of a brutal dictator.

What emerges from this might very well be worse for the US than the Mubarak regime has been (not that he's been extra-super wonderful), but let's call a spade a common digging tool.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There was a good debate in your other thread. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rubber bullet that killed him. They have been known to be fatal in the head area.

He did grab another rock to chuck, which could easily meet the deadly force requirements.

I didnt know the thin blue line extended all the way to Egypt
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
what do i think?

Fair enough, allow me to rephrase.

Dont throw rocks at guys with guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't argue with that
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

compared to any Islamic extremist in the ME, he's "only a tittle bit brutal, not brutal enough, the mini brute". and he ain't no Pharaoh!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure. And anyone attacking Egypt's antiquities (remember the Taliban destroying the Afghan buddhas) SHOULD be shot. But that's no reason to romanticize Mubarak's goons, LBJ-style possessives notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:26:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what do i think?

Fair enough, allow me to rephrase.

Dont throw rocks at guys with guns.

+1

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone was throwing large rocks at you, would you consider it a deadly force situation?

Despite your poor attempt to twist this case to something else, it is a simple issue. When the Muslims attack the Israelis with rocks and receive bullets in return, there is less sympathy. Why?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone was throwing large rocks at you, would you consider it a deadly force situation?

Despite your poor attempt to twist this case to something else, it is a simple issue. When the Muslims attack the Israelis with rocks and receive bullets in return, there is less sympathy. Why?

It's far easier to shout from the sidelines.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What do you guys think?

I think it proves the 2nd Amendment was a damn good idea
I think it shows how stupid it is to bring a rock to a gunfight
I think if we were allowed to deal with asshole here the way they deal with assholes there, there'd be a lot fewer assholes here.

(That last one is open for interpretation. )
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
WARNING: Graphic Video of Egyptian Police Shooting And Killing Teen Protester - Raw Battle Footage

Link to video:

http://dailybail.com/home/warning-graphic-video-of-egyptian-police-shooting-and-killin.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheDailyBail+(The+Daily+Bail)&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

What do you guys think?

Who says he's dead. I didn't see a drop of blood. Its fuzzy video but I would imagine if he was shot in the head with a real bullet it would be quite apparent.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#17]
My Momma taught me to not throw rocks at anybody. His Momma shoulda taken the time to teach him that, too.
Egypt is exactly where Iran was in the late 1970s. American backed despot about to be overthrown by Islamic backed "freedom fighters". there is no clear good or bad guy. It's the Middle East.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you guys think?

I think it proves the 2nd Amendment was a damn good idea
I think it shows how stupid it is to bring a rock to a gunfight
I think if we were allowed to deal with asshole here the way they deal with assholes there, there'd be a lot fewer assholes here.

(That last one is open for interpretation. )

Sums up my feelings.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Actually you are seeing the results of food inflation and scarcity, over pressure from government and two bad guys duking it out.  The guy in power lost as he ad no where to go but down.  There are other countries also experiencing the same unrest and changes in power.  The entire mid east is starting to be come one caliphate.  Eurtope is in the cross hairs as well.  Europe has been infiltrated and are in the process of working towards two different justice systems.  Unless Europe gets it head out of it's ass they will be taken over the same way.  Spain has 22% unemployment and soon will erupt as well.  When the food inflation hits there and the unrest starts they will become fully fascist, or communist.  

Germany's chancellor already said that the Muslims are not integrating and that the situation is not acceptable.  We have a zero tolerance in schools for weapons, even toy ones.  Well almost, we have this story.  Some Michigan Schools Permit ‘Religious’ Knives, Yet Cupcakes Are Still Banned.  This is described as tolerance.  It's actually suicide.  Do they get to wear them on planes next?  Clink on the link to take you to the story.

You can say it's not happening, but you better get a grip because its going to get really rocky soon and we will have to become more involved in the pressuring of the government to cut it's spending and to do so in a meaningful way while keeping the actual required functions of government operating.  Yes, it can be done. Yes some peoples pet projects are going to get cut but the pain will be greater later when the cuts are abrupt because the federal government will fail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top