Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 10:10:10 AM EST

I KNOW...I KNOW!!
There was a lengthy posting about Wade's in Bellevue a couple of weeks back, but I had to share a couple more laughs. I took my car in for service and popped by Wade's for a look see. Here are some "Steals" I saw:

(1) 1000 rounds of M855 green tip $249.50 (Ammoman is $219 delivered)
(2) USGI standard 2 point sling $17.50 (Bushmaster sells it for $4.50)
(3) Fiberite 6 POS stock $119 (Anyone on this board $59-$79)

I could go on, but some of you might
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:13:04 AM EST
The only "steals" at Wade's happen whenever you open your wallet there................
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:15:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By bigscrun:
The only "steals" at Wade's happen whenever you open your wallet there................

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:21:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:54:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By JAFO:

Originally Posted By 1GunnerHogan1:

I KNOW...I KNOW!!
There was a lengthy posting about Wade's in Bellevue a couple of weeks back, but I had to share a couple more laughs. I took my car in for service and popped by Wade's for a look see. Here are some "Steals" I saw:

That seems pretty damn good for fun store pricing.

And someone will pay it...

Due to the lack of ammo and all..
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:56:43 AM EST

I KNOW...I KNOW!!

I thought the last time this was discussed that price was for only 500 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:00:44 AM EST

TELL YA WHAT JAFO....If I buy 10,000 rounds of green tip for $219 from ammoman, can I sell it to you at Wade's price??? I could use the extra $305 for some AR equipment.
Just kidding. Ya, I suppose if you were in a spot and could part with an extra $30 a case to have the ammo right then and there its one thing....I just think they are a joke for prices across the board. IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:03:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Boomer:

HEY BOOMER...I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case. I checked it for sure. They also had 1000 rounds of PMC for $199? Never shot PMC and I have to say without looking it up $199 seems steep when I got 1000 rounds of HSM at WAC for $130.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:18:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2005 11:19:22 AM EST by R-32]

TELL YA WHAT JAFO....If I buy 10,000 rounds of green tip for $219 from ammoman, can I sell it to you at Wade's price??? I could use the extra $305 for some AR equipment.

If I could buy 10,000 rounds of M885 for $219, I would let everyone know so they dont buy your stuff.

BTW: all WTB/WTS transactions should be handled via I.M. or taken to the E.E.

Thank you,
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:42:29 AM EST
Wades is fun to visit and just look around. I like their store layout, just wish the prices were at least somewhat reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:43:05 AM EST
I think the 30rd mags for 49.99 is hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:47:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2005 11:48:33 AM EST by Scollins]
For all the Wade's bashing, he does have some decent pricing there though:

LMT MRP rifle length upper with 18" SS match barrel for $1,619. That is pretty much what they sell for here on the EE.

Vltor and ACE M4 SOCOM complete stock kits for $169. That's about $10 to $15 more than the EE, but at least the money is staying here.

Armalite AR10 mags (when he had some) were $39.99, same price as on the EE lately.

Naturally, you have to add almost 9% to those prices for sales tax...

That isn't to say he doesn't have some crack-smoka prices on other things. Like an ARMS 22M68 for $125. The other to consider is it might be worth an extra $10 or $15 every now and again to keep a gun shop open, whether it is Wade's, Ben's, Adventure Sports, etc. If enough customers go to 100% mail order for their guns, ammo and accessories, then many of the local gun shops will close. Personally I don't there are enough gun shops around, I'd like to see some more.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:27:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By Boomer:

HEY BOOMER...I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case. I checked it for sure. They also had 1000 rounds of PMC for $199? Never shot PMC and I have to say without looking it up $199 seems steep when I got 1000 rounds of HSM at WAC for $130.

That's $3.99 for a box of 20 PMC new production ammunition vs the reloaded HSM ammo. I'd say that's not a bad over the counter price for someone in pinch who wants or needs it right now. Even the extra $30 for the M855 isn't too outrageous for a "gotta have it right now" price. I'm no big fan of Wades, but those ammo prices don't sound out of line with other local dealers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:03:16 PM EST
like everywhere else, they have some bargains, so ok prices, and some high prices....

if you think something that you want is priced too high, ask for a discount.

for me, i'd rather pay a few dollars more and browse and pick up what i want.

like it or not, bellevue real estate isn't cheap.

i think it's lame when people go somewhere like wade's or some other store) who has spent their money to put something into stock) only to finger f it and then go order it for a few dollars less online (and then bitch about their prices)

flame away

w
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:12:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By Scollins: The other to consider is it might be worth an extra $10 or $15 every now and again to keep a gun shop open, whether it is Wade's, Ben's, Adventure Sports, etc. If enough customers go to 100% mail order for their guns, ammo and accessories, then many of the local gun shops will close. Personally I don't there are enough gun shops around, I'd like to see some more.

Damn straight.

Don't get by a shop too hard, but if you want them to stay open they have to make sales.

If you're in the shop for a Glock 19 and it's stickered at $750 you shouldn't be afraid of asking them if they can do better on it if they say something like "I'm losing money on it at that price" then feel free to let them know that it's sold at other shops for around $500 and they should consider buying their stock there rather than whatever wholesaler is reaming them.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:13:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By WileyMcNasty:
i think it's lame when people go somewhere like wade's or some other store) who has spent their money to put something into stock) only to finger f it and then go order it for a few dollars less online (and then bitch about their prices)

MAYBE YOU SHOULD OPEN UP A STORE? Perhaps you never heard the term "I'll match anyone else's price? Glad you're not my accountant.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:26:38 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:28:44 PM EST

The Wal-Mart mentality around here is strong.

People who shop at WalMart deserve what they get, even if that includes having their car backed into in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:29:10 PM EST

The Wal-Mart mentality around here is strong.

Business is business, it is the consumers job to get the "best Deal" if not pay retail and expect good customer service.....................
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:30:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2005 1:44:22 PM EST by JAFO]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:37:34 PM EST

Your definition of "best deal" and mine might be slightly different.

LOL!!! well I guess there isn't ANY DOUBT that you like to pay more for something than market value....
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:46:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:48:56 PM EST
Bellevue is Bellevue. Try getting a deal on a Toyota from Michaels, then try Magic in Edmonds - Guess which one will deal? Back when we bought our Sienna, the salesman at Michaels told me he did not have to negotiate on Siennas because there was no shortage of Bellvue housewives who would pay MSRP. Well, there are a lot of $oftware Engineers right up the road from Wade's who will pay MSRP or more for their guns.

I shoot at Wade's range, but I don't buy much at the store.

I might have bought my Trailside there for convenience - their price wasn't that much higher than Discount Gun Sales in Kirkland - but the guys at Wade's dry fired theirs every time they took them out of the case and the Trailside manual specifically says not to do so without the dry fire plug Sig ships with the gun...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:54:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2005 1:56:20 PM EST by nwgrumpy]

LOL!!! well I guess there isn't ANY DOUBT that you like to pay more for something than market value....

Sometimes I do. See the edit. Sometimes I'd rather support a gun shop in Washington than an ammo vendor in New Jersey. That is all.

I don't mind spending a little more money so I can have it that day.

I also don't mind spending a little more money if the service is good and I can help support a local shop. (which Wade's lacks)

But I am not trying to pay for a months worth of thier overhead with one purchase
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:55:55 PM EST

Sometimes I do. See the edit. Sometimes I'd rather support a gun shop in Washington than an ammo vendor in New Jersey. That is all.

Hey thats fine. Your choice. I however, am not going to go over the top that way. My one and ONLY loyalty is to be sure to buy AMERICAN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE...BTW, your little "dig" regarding Walmart would be funny if I had ever stepped in to one. I think the closest one to my house is 20 miles away. I don't think there are any on the Eastside (I could be wrong). Your comments regarding supporting a small business, or a local guy is commendable, we just differ. As for my comments about overpriced shops? Well, they set those numbers. Its my choice as a consumer to comment, laugh, buy or say whatever I feel like regarding that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:00:16 PM EST

My point is: If you want the "best deal" on something, you may have to drive 50 miles out of your way to get it. Should I as a stocking dealer locally try and beat a price from another city? Maybe, depends on the customer.
To me getting the "best deal" is not always about price. Here is an example from Yesterday:

I sold a guy a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp, RF 6x9's and RF 4x6's along with a Panasonic CD player and all the needed parts and install. Total was $1274.00 w/ tax That price was a solid $115.00 higher than BestBuy. I picked the car up, I dropped it off, I warranty my labor for life, I warranty all the product over the counter for 1 year (no extended warranties), I cut no holes in the guys car nor did I permantely modify any of the cars wiring.
So by saving $115.00 at Best Buy would he have gotten the "best deal" IMO no.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:29:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:43:06 AM EST
As far as the shitty customer service and the crappy prices, it is the same in the east boys. We have several gunshops locally that max the prices and flip you shit when you groan a little. Needless to say, I do business elsewhere. Dave's is a local favorite to rip folks off, he usually has an interesting selection and carries uppers and lowers, but he charges out the ass. I have known him since he worked out of his house a decade ago. Every year the prices get higher, the service gets worse and I stop by less.

I factor in shipping and handling against taxes and value for having a good local guy around. When shitty customer service tips in favor of mail order and a polite random stranger in a different time zone, I stop wasting my time locally.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:51:12 PM EST
That chunk of land there in Bellevue is expensive.
Top Top