Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 11:08:42 AM EDT
WAC Show results

Stopped @ James's table Wolf 7.62x39 is $120.oo & 223 Wolf is $115.oo... OUCH!!! Guess those Ruskies won't be getting much more out of me.

Saw CavVet, KA3B, 50BMG, 1911??? & Stokes. I did not know who Stokes was till today. But I had bought a few from him in the past. Small world.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]
How did you recognize KA3B?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WAC Show results

Stopped @ James's table Wolf 7.62x39 is $120.oo & 223 Wolf is $115.oo... OUCH!!! Guess those Ruskies won't be getting much more out of me.

Saw CavVet, KA3B, 50BMG, 1911??? & Stokes. I did not know who Stokes was till today. But I had bought a few from him in the past. Small world.

Last time I bought 7.62x39 wolf it was $79 case at the show, that was less than 6 months ago.....What has happened?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WAC Show results

Last time I bought 7.62x39 wolf it was $79 case at the show, that was less than 6 months ago.....What has happened?

Supply and demand. .223 gets scarce, so people start buying up AK ammo and shoot their AKs. I'll bet there is a huge demand for AK ammo in the middle-east as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my M-261 conversion kit in my AR....

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
My 22LR is coming to the next LCR.

John @ James's table was saying something about they (wolf) controll the price we just have to live with it. I'll be buying more "Made in USA" now that they are damn near the same price, we all know wolf is shitty ammo anyhow.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How did you recognize KA3B?

The Budweiser bulge gave him away.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My 22LR is coming to the next LCR.

John @ James's table was saying something about they (wolf) controll the price we just have to live with it. I'll be buying more "Made in USA" now that they are damn near the same price, we all know wolf is shitty ammo anyhow.

My Ruger 10-22 will be there as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Went shooting in GF instead.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

We dont wanna hear about you and her.
At the show I got some .50 ammo (all they had in the can and a few boxes too) , a box of  cheap 38 SPL, 4 boxes of just as cheap Makarov ammo, 2 M1 carbine mags, a set of M4 handguards and a genuine HK marine magazine.

I got a lot of stuff, but none of it was high dollar. There wasnt much to be had in 50 ammo, and what was there was higher than online. Ammoman shipped price is lower (45-85 cents per round) than anything there, including bulk in the can. In all fairness his is ball, and none of this was, but it is all reload or small manufacturers. I did manage to get enough to shoot at the upcoming LCR, and spent the rest on stuff I either needed, wanted, or just had to buy.

My Armalite order for the upper a few months ago also had 2 AR 10 mags on it. They didnt have them, but shipped them when they did, so I swung by my awesome FFL and picked those up. He then laid 3 M1 carbine mags on me for nothing.

Today was my best show in along ass time. I saw a lot of people I know.  

I also saw a skinned hippy.

Went from Chaka Khan.......

to Hari Krishna since last time I saw him.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At the show I got some .50 ammo (all they had in the can and a few boxes too) , a box of  cheap 38 SPL, 4 boxes of just as cheap Makarov ammo, 2 M1 carbine mags, a set of M4 handguards and a genuine HK marine magazine.

I got a lot of stuff, but none of it was high dollar. There wasnt much to be had in 50 ammo, and what was there was higher than online. Ammoman shipped price is lower (45-85 cents per round) than anything there, including bulk in the can. In all fairness his is ball, and none of this was, but it is all reload or small manufacturers. I did manage to get enough to shoot at the upcoming LCR, and spent the rest on stuff I either needed, wanted, or just had to buy.

My Armalite order for the upper a few months ago also had 2 AR 10 mags on it. They didnt have them, but shipped them when they did, so I swung by my awesome FFL and picked those up. He then laid 3 M1 carbine mags on me for nothing.

I also saw a skinned hippy.

Went from Chaka Khan.......
a.abclocal.go.com/images/kabc/kabc_092704_chaka.jpg

to Hari Krishna since last time I saw him.

www.photo-gallery.dk/oversigt/kirke_&_religion/religion_div/image/hari_krishna-19.jpg

Cav,

I want to test drive your Ferret @ LCR.  Do I need to bring some ammo, if so what type.  Or do you have enough?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I want to test drive your Ferret @ LCR.  Do I need to bring some ammo, if so what type.  Or do you have enough?

It will be on public display with ammo provided, within reason, for anyone who wants to try her out, providing she works finally.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I broke down and spent a fair amount of loot.  I was supposed to buy a Keltec sub in .40 but the guy dropped out on me.

I bought an Oly 9mm upper with Sten mag block and 5 sten mags.  Got home and cleaned them only to find one sten mag had a bend that kept the following from working!

Also picked up some killer tactical 3 point slings for 9 each and a verticle grip.

Much props to Iblis who wheeled and dealed with me on a stock.  5,56 gets too expensive I'll go 9mm!

Now...I need to wheel and deal some trades (see WTT) <edited out E/E material - JAFO>
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I broke down and spent a fair amount of loot.  I was supposed to buy a Keltec sub in .40 but the guy dropped out on me.

I bought an Oly 9mm upper with Sten mag block and 5 sten mags.  Got home and cleaned them only to find one sten mag had a bend that kept the following from working!

Also picked up some killer tactical 3 point slings for 9 each and a verticle grip.

Much props to Iblis who wheeled and dealed with me on a stock.  5,56 gets too expensive I'll go 9mm!

Now...I need to wheel and deal some trades (see WTT) <edited out E/E material - JAFO>.

Take it EE Pal!!!

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up a couple of A2 FHs from Clint but that was it. I saw CavVet but from across the room. Where was James at? I never did find him.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Take it EE Pal!!!

how did I know that was coming....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I picked up a couple of A2 FHs from Clint but that was it. I saw CavVet but from across the room. Where was James at? I never did find him.

In the building near Meridian on the left as you walk into the Fair.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you guys see many Eotechs at decent prices?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did you guys see many Eotechs at decent prices?

Iblis had one on his table that I saw. He always has good prices but I did not check it out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#19]
that Wolf price is ridiculous!  you can get it for <$90/1k shipped from Sportsmans Guide or Cabela's
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What a coincidence, I saw a few ARFCOMMERS myself!

On another note, I need to buy a Team Membership soon so I can search the forums easier.  I tried like Hell to find where everyone was meeting up for lunch afterwards, but GD has too damn many pages to leaf through.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I was supposed to buy a Keltec sub in .40 but the guy dropped out on me.

He didnt show up or what happened?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I was looking for an AK47 variant of some sorts, I saw a $349 set-up that I almost bought except for the furnature.
That's ok, he is only a 30 minute drive and a ferry ride away.
Much closer than Puyllaup!

I bought six 30 round AR15 mags and two 20 round mags plus some more 12 gauge plinking ammo (slugs) from James.

I also bought a SNS Mega lower from Clint.

That's the first step to getting a 9mm AR15.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was supposed to buy a Keltec sub in .40 but the guy dropped out on me.

He didnt show up or what happened?

No..he IM'd me that some guy was willing to buy both his pistol and his kel-tec if he sold them together.  

Oh well..money is money.  I can't blame the guy for wanting to off both at the same time if he can.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I bumped into a few of you guys Saturday.  Nice seeing you all again.
Didn't stick around too long.  Went to buy some shooting items from Russ Hayden, but soon discovered he wasn't there.
CavVet, bring that damn Ferret out to Eatonville on the 4th of September.  There's one other guy that shoots a Ferret.  Maybe you guys can bump peters and talk about your guns....
Of course, if you were a real 50 BMG shooter, you'd be joining us in Reno on the 19th - 21st for the Nationals.  BOOM!  

Phil, get your dick back in your pants and get out from under those hooters for a day.  There's more to life than Pu$$y.....  OK, OK. so I was wrong, That is Life.....

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Is that your gun show "buddy"?  

Quoted:
...and there is a dude racked out on my couch that is snoring so loud, my dogs left the room!

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#28]
It is just me, or did it seem like ammo stocks were lower than usual?  I got some 9mm and 12ga slugs for a decent price, but there wasn't any #6 to be had and I had to settle for #7.5 .  Also, in the good ole days, I remember when the sale ammo didn't run out by mid-day on Saturday.

In a repeat showing today, I see that ammo-can guy has raised his prices because of a shortage of ammo cans being surplused.

Quite a few of the usual vendors were absent as well.  Don't know if it was the lack of space or that it was summer that kept them away.

At least I scored the $10 Under Armour t-shirts.

-Frank

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is Tracy speaking (the chick in question)...   What you DON'T want to hear about is what happenned that night, after a day of watching each other shoot really big, powerful, amazingly accurate and precise guns.  oh baby.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

This is Tracy speaking (the chick in question)...   What you DON'T want to hear about is what happenned that night, after a day of watching each other shoot really big, powerful, amazingly accurate and precise guns.  oh baby.

What we want is pictures. Ask Phil.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Picked up a factory seconds Kershaw, and couple of rounds of ammo.

All in all, not that great of a show, but not that bad either.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/2734673/108435387.jpg

You are lucky.  My wife wants nothing to do with shooting.   Or is it I that's the lucky one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top