Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 3:11:37 AM EDT
Anybody have any experience with the Vltor stocks?  I like the battery storage compartments and shaving a couple inches off my M16 would be nice as well in addition to shortening the length of pull to accomidate the IBA.

Is there any benefit to the "clubfoot" model?  Will the Blackhawk mag pouch for the standard collapsable stock work with the clubfoot design?

Are the check position risers worthwhile?

Any recommendation on a source to go to for ordering the complete kit?  I'll need the buffer, tube, spring, etc as this is for converting the M16A2 fixed stock.

I'm open to using a local vendor back in Vegas, like Citadel, for purchasing this.

Thanks!

Glenn
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Citadel they have all kinds of that stuff.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anybody have any experience with the Vltor stocks?  I like the battery storage compartments and shaving a couple inches off my M16 would be nice as well in addition to shortening the length of pull to accomidate the IBA.

i've got one, and like it alot. there's a rubber grippy boot made by SOG armory that can be added to increase surface area and have a more positive seating on the shoulder.

Is there any benefit to the "clubfoot" model?  

i had this same question. It appears that the latching mechanism has been slightly altered. It also seems that the clubfoot has that extra 1/2" or so of plastic for the support hand?

Will the Blackhawk mag pouch for the standard collapsable stock work with the clubfoot design?

I've never played with the BH item, but if you add the battery compartments, you're increasing the overal diameter of the stock. Are the straps adjustable?

Are the check position risers worthwhile?

Are you talking about the extra set included wiht the battery packs? if so, I believe you you use them instead of the battery packs. They are more comfortable than just a plain ribbed M4 style stock, but if you're going with battery storage these are not needed.

Any recommendation on a source to go to for ordering the complete kit?  I'll need the buffer, tube, spring, etc as this is for converting the M16A2 fixed stock.

Citadel had 'em in stock the last time I was there, i think for $150 or so. You'll need a stock wrench.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the advantage to the clubfoot is for shooting from the bench, IIRC. I also think I remember seeing them at Center Mass firearms when I was in there a month or so ago.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  I see how the cheek weld adaptors work to fill in for the battery compartments when those aren't used.    I never did much bench shooting with the AR back home short of developing loads for it, so I guess I wouldn't have too much use for it, especially here in Iraq.  Not many shooting benches or MWR trips for prarie dog blasting.

Do Jon or Amber still post around here?  Perhaps I can order the whole fixed stock conversion kit from them.  I'd be looking at the M4 style with the two battery tubes, no need for the cheek weld adaptors since I'll be using the battery tubes.

Hopefully the weapon will mount in a military weapons rack with the battery tubes on it.

Oh, and that reminds me:  Does anybody know of a replacement grip that has improved comfort, yet is still skinny enough to fit in a weapons rack?  Much as I'd love to put on a nice fat hand filling grip, I don't want to have to swap it for the stock grip every time I need to put my M16 in the rack.

Glenn
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Vltor makes different levels of their stock,i think you need the 'preban kit.' It deletes the cheek rests so you can save a few bucks.

The Tango Down grip seems popular, and has a trap door in the grip if that interests you. I personally like the Ergo grips, and they are now equipped with a Gapper and plug.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#6]
chiz, much appreciated.

Anybody have an email address for Citadel?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine a lot!  The cheek weld rules with these stocks.  I'm getting a club foot for my next AR project.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top