Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 6:52:19 AM EDT
We're going to be in Hot Springs next week and wanted to get a heads up on things.

AR has reciprocity with VA so I am currently planning on carrying.  What are the dos, don'ts and musts when it comes to carrying in AR?  Other than Federal land, what's off limits, etc?

Secondly, I could use a couple dinner suggestions.  Nothing fancy, just looking for some good food.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
No carry in schools, churches, federal/state buildings, etc and if a business has a sign posted.

As far as dinner, if you like Seafood, Doe's is excellent. There are a couple other places but I can't remember at this time.

There is also a very nice shooting club there - www.mvsaonline.com - they might have a match or someting going on that weekend.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]
McClard's on Albert Pike for good BBQ
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You like strip clubs?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The National park area is a little strange in the north central histroic district area, basicly Central Avenue in the street and on the west side of the street to west mountain is City PD jurisdiction, everything else in the area is National park.

If you go to McClards, get yourself a tamale spread (tamales, BBQ beef, sauce, with some onions and shreaded cheddar on top)
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You like strip clubs?

Actually never been that interested...not to mention the old lady isn't inclined I would assume.

We were looking at Stubby's for one night and Daylight Donuts sounded really good for a morning (or five ).  They any good?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you go to McClards, get yourself a tamale spread (tamales, BBQ beef, sauce, with some onions and shreaded cheddar on top)

HELL YEAH!  it's a LOT of food.  i'm a pretty big guy and i can only eat a half spread....even then, i'm fuckin' miserable.  but it's SOOOO damn good!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
McClard's BBQ is good.  Try Colorado Grill downtown for a burger and cold beer.  Doe's is good and Cajun Boilers on 270 near Lake Hamilton is always packed.

"Downtown" Hot Springs is technically a federal reservation, so you can't legally CCW there.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
McClard's BBQ is good.  Try Colorado Grill downtown for a burger and cold beer.  Doe's is good and Cajun Boilers on 270 near Lake Hamilton is always packed.

"Downtown" Hot Springs is technically a federal reservation, so you can't legally CCW there.

We're staying at the Baymont Inn.  I see the park area marked off on the map, but you're saying the entire area around it is as well? map
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:11:26 AM EDT
[#9]
only the park itself.....however, that's a fairly large chunk of the "tourist trap" of Hot Springs.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Are you renting a boat. Lake Hamilton is a great lake. I have a vacation house there. On the restaurant side, if you like Italian there is a great place downtown called Angels that is very good. On the lake food Fishermans Wharf is good. There is also a pizza place on the lake called Hawgs that is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Best Itatilan Is Bella Arte.... Steaks-- Porterhouse Grill.....Seafood--Probably   Doe's......Pizza--- Hawg's or Rod's. Thesre a little mexican place right in front of the Baymont Called Joses thats pretty good.   Other than the places listed by Cajunboy Your pretty safe as long as you dont carry in the National Park or On Bathhouse Row which is Federal. Im a LEO in Hot Springs/Garland County So if ya need any help or other questions let me know.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Steaks-- Porterhouse Grill...

how would you rate them against Coy's?  that's where we usually eat when we go 4-wheelin' down there
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Steaks-- Porterhouse Grill...

how would you rate them against Coy's?  that's where we usually eat when we go 4-wheelin' down there

I have eaten both and I much prefer Porterhouse to Coy's.  You also get fresh baked bread. I can eat there steaks without anything on it. The service is absolutly wonderful.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Other than the places listed by Cajunboy Your pretty safe as long as you dont carry in the National Park or On Bathhouse Row which is Federal.

Bathhouse Row?  Is that the area where Central Ave crosses the Nat'l Park or something else?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Bathhouse Row?  Is that the area where Central Ave crosses the Nat'l Park or something else?

yep....that's where all the bathhouses are.

hence the "name"
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

hence the "name" LOL
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

LOL

hey, them foreigners needs some help sometimes
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

hey,

Us locals do too!!!!

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hence the "name"

Don't know why some good ol' boys from AR would need a SanFran style bunch of bathhouses, but hey whatever, I don't judge.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:19:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
some good ol' boys from AR would need a SanFran style bunch of bathhouses

just somethin' to occupy you tourist types and keep ya outta the way
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
some good ol' boys from AR would need a SanFran style bunch of bathhouses

just somethin' to occupy you tourist types and keep ya outta the way
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#22]
If you like catfish and ribs - Jasons Burgers and More is almost across the street from the Baymont on the corner of Amity road and 7 south.

All you can eat catfish on the weekends  - best in town
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Quoted:
If you like catfish and ribs - Jasons Burgers and More is almost across the street from the Baymont on the corner of Amity road and 7 south.

All you can eat catfish on the weekends  - best in town

I wouldnt call Jason's "Across the street" Dont confuse the forigeners!!! But their   Catfish is pretty good.

LOL

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#24]
well, he DID say "almost"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top