Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2008 6:57:50 PM EDT
I am attending a conference in Orlando in Mid Jan with two friends. Are there any ranges we can visit? either handgun or AR?

Thanks in advance......

BG

And, it's not the SHOT SHOW.......(wouldn't that be nice).....
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 3:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
There are several. Indoor or outdoor? Need to rent? How far you willing to travel?
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a couple of decent indoor handgun ranges. Rifle's a bit more tricky.

But yeah, where in Orlando are you going to be? It's a big city.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Near or on the Disney resort. Hopefully looking to shoot our AR's.....outdoors would be nice. I saw the wildlife resource ranges, are these an option? We would be willing to drive an hour or so.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Tenoroc Range in Lakeland would be the closest Public Range. They have a Rifle Range with 25, 50, and 100 Yd Targets. Cost is about $10 - $15 for either Rifle or Rifle and Pistol. Here is a link to their website. It's about a 45 minute drive from the Disney Area. Overall it's a nice Range. Outdoor Public Rfile Ranges are hard to come by in Central Florida.

Tenoroc Shooting Sports
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 4:01:16 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 for Tenoroc

Prices are $10 for Rifle OR Pistol
$12 for BOTH
There is no time restriction, can shoot all day for this price.

If you want directions from the Disney area let me know.

I shoot my AR there, they do ask for a 2 second delay btw shots though it's not THAT strictly enforced as long as your not being stupid.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you buy ammo at the local WalMart......or are there better places........any restrictions I need to know about?

Thanks,

BG
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can you buy ammo at the local WalMart......or are there better places........any restrictions I need to know about?

Thanks,

BG

Most Wal-Mart's sell ammo. I have ran into a few in the more Urban Areas that don't but for the most part they do. For cheap Range Ammo they're about as good as any place you can find. I usually buy ammo from Wal-Mart, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, or a couple of the Local Shops depending on who has the best deal at any given time.

Tenoroc also sells ammo at their Range but I'm not sure about their prices as I always take my own ammo with me.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Well.....had a great trip......

Didn't get to see the SHOT show, but ran into numerous people who attended.

Went fishing with JJ Fishing Charters this past Tuesday on one of the Butler Lakes and caught a 9lb12oz largemouth......biggest I ever caught......

Went shooting at Tanoroc. Nice and safe range. Very enjoyable.

Also went shooting at Mons Venus and suffered an accidental discharge. Not so safe, but enjoyable.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Please sir do not touch the girls.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top