Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2007 1:05:22 AM EDT
I'll be staying at the Radison, and spending a day of the 4 there at Universal Studios.

I also have a Florida Non-Resident CCW.

How much of a search does Universal do, can I get away with CCWing the park?

And where can I shot while there?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Went to Universal in March, they checked your backpacks, purse, man-purse...etc....but didn't actually pat you down. saw some hand held metal dectors, but they didn't use them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 3:53:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I don't carry at either Disney or Universal (when / if I go there - lots of thug problems in the garages at Universal), because there is just about noplace there that you will ever get a safe backstop for a shot.  What looks like a solid stone or brick wall is most likely a fiberglass shell with a couple thousand people behind it.

That said, I don't think you would have a problem carrying a gun into any of the parks - I've never seen any metal detection in use.

Impact, edged or chemical (or all 3) go with me to the theme parks.  

Matt
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no need to carry at universal, The prior post about thugs in the garage is true.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
i hope you don't plan on riding the hulk or dueling dragons while carrying, it's gonna hurt! h
I always leave mine if not in the car, in the hotel floor safe. I was refused valet parking because of my firearm. I asked the guy if it was okay to have it in the console, i asked mainly to let them know that I know it's there, don't mess with it...  he said if he didnt know it was there he can park my car, but now that he is aware by policy he cant park my car.

are you going to seaworld in Orlando? PM me for a discount.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 6:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have always carried at the parks. The last time I was at Universal (a couple years ago) there were no metal detectors or whatnot, just bag checkers. I always carry on my person anyway.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#7]
i try not to carry when i feel there is a low risk factor. if not it begins to become cumbersome. if i'm at a family amusement park, family or friends house, church etc... i dont carry on me, just in the car. at work, I always carry, when working in overtown, liberty city, cutler ridge, ghoulds, opa-locka etc... i not only carry, but keep one in the chamber.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i try not to carry when i feel there is a low risk factor. if not it begins to become cumbersome. if i'm at a family amusement park, family or friends house, church etc... i dont carry on me, just in the car. at work, I always carry, when working in overtown, liberty city, cutler ridge, ghoulds, opa-locka etc... i not only carry, but keep one in the chamber.

Well said, I have never felt threatened at any of the parks in Orl.  Other parts of the city yes.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said, I have never felt threatened at any of the parks in Orl.  Other parts of the city yes.  

It's not IN the park you have to worry about... it's the parking lots.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Please don't leave it in the car at Universal - you'll just be arming the thugs when they break in.

Of course, the same is true in a great many places around Central Florida these days
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:45:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the replies.  I'm more worried about traveling through the parking lot.  Not so much the Parks them selves.

What I plan on taking is fairly low key.  So if caught at the gate I'll just hide it in the car.

Now where can I shot, besides Universal's parking facility?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#12]
^haha
when the park opens and closes there are thousands of people walking to and from the lot.  just get there early and get valet parking for $18 per day. even if there are thugs in the lot, they are probably young unarmed punks. nothing a good ass whippin wouldn't solve.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  I'm more worried about traveling through the parking lot.  Not so much the Parks them selves.

What I plan on taking is fairly low key.  So if caught at the gate I'll just hide it in the car.

Now where can I shot, besides Universal's parking facility?headingShooting Gallery is he name. Copy and paste.

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SNYI_en___US219&um=1&q=shooting+gallery&near=Orlando,+FL&fb=1&cid=0,0,11253601405454160900&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone was discussing theme parks over on this thread.

Apparently he carried into Busch Gardens:  Link to Thread
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Disney Carry is easy, just bag searches,  and not very good ones at that.  Universal has metal detectors and Orange County Sheriffs at the gates.  Best bet is to leave it in the car.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:00:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Disney Carry is easy, just bag searches,  and not very good ones at that.  Universal has metal detectors and Orange County Sheriffs at the gates.  Best bet is to leave it in the car.

Oh well...
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Whenever the wife and I go someplace like that I let her carry her piece in her "specially designed" purse. i've stood there at Universal and Epcot and watched the guy look all through her bag then wave us on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top