Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:21:25 PM EDT
I'll be visiting my brother who lives in Pigeon Forge, TN this coming weekend. I wanted to know if it was legal for me to carry a handgun with me in the console of the car. I've got an H&K that I'd like to bring along if it's legal. I don't have a carry permit but it's legal to carry a loaded weapon in your automobile within reaching distance in MO even w/o a permit. My brother doesn't know a thing about them so I doubt he'd know one way or the other. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:41:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 4:42:24 PM EDT by BobCole]

Originally Posted By fatk1d:

I don't have a carry permit

You've answered you own question right there, sir. TN law requires a gun to be in a seperate area or container from the ammo if one does not have a carry license (paraphrasing).

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:54:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

You've answered you own question right there, sir. TN law requires a gun to be in a seperate area or container from the ammo if one does not have a carry license (paraphrasing).

Yup.+1
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:06:59 PM EDT
Thanks for the quick responses. That's a bummer deal for me. Guess that'll teach me to get my concealed carry permit for MO (assuming TN honors that or Utah or Florida) for flexibility in just these situations. I'll be sure and leave the thing locked up back at the ranch. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:25:16 PM EDT
TN does indeed honor the FL permits; no clue on the MO permits. You could check the TFA website & see who they list?????

Good luck!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:55:18 AM EDT
Got back into St. Louis after our trip out to visit my brother who lives in Sevierville (just outside of Pigeon Forge). I enjoyed my stay in your state. It's very pretty out there and I found the people to be very friendly as well. Only thing I found a little irritating was the traffic throughout TN. You guys have a state full of folks on the move is all I can say

Traffic around Piegon Forge was relatively light my brother said due to the time of year we chose to visit.

We hung out at the house for the most part but we did make it into Cades(sp?) Cove for a drive through there. It was a nice area but I didn't get to hike around much in it since we had my baby nephew with us.

I ended up leaving the guns here at the house but I wish now I had taken one with us. Turns out there was an indoor range less than a half-mile from his house. Would have been neat to check it out but didn't have the time either.

In short, you guys have a nice state!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:03:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Not True! Tennessee Law says that you can not you cannot go "with the intent to go armed". That can be misunderstood as keeping things separate but that is not the same thing. I spoke with a cop today that said, as long as you dont give any probable cause to be searched then you should have not trouble carrying on your person. He said as long as you dont reveal it or do anything to make a cop want to search you, which he would still need a warrant for, then you should be fine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:06:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shastacles:

I spoke with a cop today that said, as long as you dont give any probable cause to be searched then you should have not trouble carrying on your person. He said as long as you dont reveal it or do anything to make a cop want to search you, which he would still need a warrant for, then you should be fine.

Is your buddy going to act as your bail agent & lawyer too??????????????

All it takes is one jackass anti-gun cop (and they ARE out there) to make your next 5 years miserable.
Top Top