Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a bad motel, nice neighborhood, right next to Red Lobster and the College mall.  You're FAR from the only part of Bloomington that could be considered "bad" right there.  What brings you to town?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
When are you going to be here? Some of the Indiana members are meeting at the Texas Roadhouse in Bloomington on Saturday, January 21 at 2:00 PM for dinner. I'm less than a half hour from Bloomington.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
on the topic of Bloomington  what part of town is the "BAD SIDE OF TOWN' just wondering being my daughter goes to school at IU and is thinking , along with some other girls on renting a apartment for next yr.  any info would be appriciated.  thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello!

Crib:  Going to be touring the law school-- may be applying there for admission in fall 07.

M4Madness:  Crap!  I'm flying back home (and will be in WI as of 01/16 or 01/17 ) on 01/22.  I'd love to meet up with everybody, but you're meeting up a week too late.  

Beet223:  Good question for me as well!

Hey, anyone know how far is this place from the college area itself?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Prebans,
I've been thinking of transferring to IU myself in a year or so after I get out of junior college.

to a fellow future Hoosier!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
on the topic of Bloomington  what part of town is the "BAD SIDE OF TOWN' just wondering being my daughter goes to school at IU and is thinking , along with some other girls on renting a apartment for next yr.  any info would be appriciated.  thanks

As a grad of IU, I'd have to say there really isn't a "bad side" of town like Indy or Chicago. It's an interesting city because you have the college kids, university employees (libs), and the regular joe - blue collar working people. There are dumpy sections mainly where the college kids trash their apartments or houses they rent, but nothing I'd worry about.

I'd tell your daughter to not rent anything owned by Elkins Properties - I rented from them and they are total a-holes. They love to rake college kids over the coals.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
From that hotel you could walk to campus, but you would be on the far east side of campus near the Music school.  Bad part of town! compared to Pheonix, Bloomington is like May Berry, but with a crap load of Libtards.  Its is a nice college town you don't have to worry about being jump really anytime like you do in other places.  Late at night I always felt OK by myself.  For a women it is a different story.  I was born and raised there but I don't live there now, I moved to a more gun friendly area west of there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Add Sharon Tynan to that list.  I'll refrain from profanity...but it's hard.

Quoted:
I'd tell your daughter to not rent anything owned by Elkins Properties - I rented from them and they are total a-holes. They love to rake college kids over the coals.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top