Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2018 7:35:16 AM EDT
I know you guys have constitutional carry (I have my VA permit regardless) but are there any weird quirks with your laws about where/when you can carry?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The banned list of places is not a crime to carry if you have a CCW they can just ask you to leave. If you refuse to leave you can be cited and fined  If you do not have a CCW and carry into a prohibited location using constitutional carry you can be charged with a crime.  Don't carry on any federal property, I avoid carry into places like a police station etc....  Posted business, hotels etc the signs can be ignored if you have a permit but you can be asked to leave.

More details in Missouri revised statutes 571.107
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Since you have your permit, and Missouri honors permits from all states, the only places illegal for you to carry in this state are;

1. Any federal property,

2. Post office and property of,

3. Public transportation - airports beyond security and pretty much any buses and trains since you can't check your baggage,

4. Indian reservations. - Are there even any in this state?

5. Within 1000' of a school zone (you are only exempt from the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act if you posses a permit issued by the state that the school is in.

ALL other prohibited places, you can be charged with an "infraction" which carries a monetary fine, but no criminal firearm charges.

You CAN be charged CRIMINALLY for trespassing, if you carry, get caught, and are a jerk when asked to leave, in the prohibited places.

You are SUPPOSED to be asked to leave if caught carrying in a prohibited place, and if the police are called, that is when the infraction kicks in.

Let's face it. Most people in these places are not going to approach and ask you to leave if they know you have a gun, the police will probably be called right off, which means instant infraction/fine/possible trespassing charge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top