Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2009 9:19:13 PM EDT
http://www.vgca.org/gunshowmain.asp

Will be open 9-5 Sat and 9-4 Sunday, $6.00 admission.

pdf ad: http://www.vgca.org/events/March2009GunShow.pdf

From the site:

March 28-29
At the Prince William County Fairgrounds
Conveniently located between I-95 and I-66 of the
Prince William Parkway
Modern and Antique Firearms, Collector Knives, and Other Related Equipment.

See exhibits of antique firearms from Revolutionary and Civil War, WW I, WWII, and more

Get the chance to look for that missing part or accessory for your old firearm

Get a Blue Book verbal appraisal

Talk to VGCA experts on all types of Firearms

Colt, Winchester, Remington, Springfield, and many more manufacturers antique firearms will be on display and for sale

A real collectors event and more
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
this show used to be really cool....the displays were awesome, and you had a good mix of modern vendors and the C&R folks....the most impressive display of historical 1911/1911A1s I've ever seen was here...and it was notable for having the best jerky vendor to real gun ratio....

now, though, its awful.....the last one of these was worse than the worst Dale City show I've ever been to....it is literally 5 minutes from my house and I still doubt I'll go....pretend like you're going, and then go the extra 4 miles to VA Arms....
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
this show used to be really cool....the displays were awesome, and you had a good mix of modern vendors and the C&R folks....the most impressive display of historical 1911/1911A1s I've ever seen was here...and it was notable for having the best jerky vendor to real gun ratio....

now, though, its awful.....the last one of these was worse than the worst Dale City show I've ever been to....it is literally 5 minutes from my house and I still doubt I'll go....pretend like you're going, and then go the extra 4 miles to VA Arms....

Yup the ones at Hugo's in Bealton were pretty good. I miss the Bealton shows in general.

I did go to the one maybe a year or 2 ago at the Fairgrounds and among all the crap I managed to see a USGI M16 .22 Conversion kit that was priced very fairly , that I am kicking myself for not buying.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#3]
So. . .what I'm hearing is that should I want old cowboy guns or grandad's WWII rifle this is the show to go to.

If i want AR-15 P-mags w/windows, BC groups, charging handles or deals on Lake City .223 ammo; wait until the Chantilly show next month?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So. . .what I'm hearing is that should I want old cowboy guns or grandad's WWII rifle this is the show to go to.

If i want AR-15 P-mags w/windows, BC groups, charging handles or deals on Lake City .223 ammo; wait until the Chantilly show next month?

I actually don't think either of those statements is true.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to the show this morning and was disappointed even knowing this show had been going downhill for several years.  I was in at 9am and gone by 9:30.  I knew I was in trouble when I saw Greek 30-06 HXP that the CMP sold a week ago for $60 (now $75-85) going for $120.  Trader Jerrys was there but sadly did not have a Ruger LCP.  The usual VGCA guys had tables and the book guy who must have had 40 tables.  I'm glad it was only $6.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't see much, kinda wanted a PP in .22lr but couldn't close the deal. The display of Polish Radoms was nice to look at.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]
My dad went and said it sucked donkey cock (OK, maybe not exact words).
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Down to one building,nothing more to be said.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I went about 1:30, and I liked it. It was very well attended. It was maybe 1/10 the size of the Expo show but had the same shopper "density". Lots of folks crowding aisles. Lots of M1s and shotguns, and Trader Jerry's had a good portion of the show, as did the book seller who is always at Chantilly. Prices on stuff looked about the same as I see at other shows, but I don't really follow them closely. A few collectors were there showing historical arms, and there were a couple of Vietnam-era restored Jeeps that were really nice. What was really nice was the lack of Nazi stuff and "Death to Obama" type items. I prefer to go to a gun show and enjoy the experience, not to be surrounded by hate.

I give it an "A", and will go back next time they have it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I got there about 10:30 this morning, and had a great time. Bought 3 boxes (150 rds) of 44-40 Win ammo for $10 a box (retail is about $40 a box), also bought 2 boxes of 20 gauge all-brass shells for $20 a box, a Saginaw carbine, and a S&W model 39, nickel plated, new condition in the box with 3 extra mags. There was not much there for the black rifle folks, but the VGCA shows have never catered to that group anyway. All in all, it was a great show for me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I was there at 9am when the doors opened, and had sold my Inland carbine and checked all of the tables by about 10:00. Rather small show, but a couple of nice displays and a few really good dealers - there was a gentleman with a wide assortment of Garand parts that I should have spent a little more time inspecting. I was there looking for a USGI 1911, however, and the only one for sale was a WWI Colt, and I really would like a WWII 1911A1. Chatted with a couple of the VGCA members, seems like a real nice organization.

A good show, if a little on the small side. I'll go back again, considering it was only $6.

conductor - was that the Saginaw in the birch M2 stock? I looked at that one, seemed to be in pretty good shape. There was another dealer with a QHMC carbine that looked nice as well.

-Mark
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:29:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
conductor - was that the Saginaw in the birch M2 stock? I looked at that one, seemed to be in pretty good shape. There was another dealer with a QHMC carbine that looked nice as well.

-Mark

I didn't see the the one with the birch stock. The one I bought was being carried around by a guy who brought it there... he didn't have a table. It has an M2 stock, but it's walnut. The gun is a typical rebuild mixmaster, but looks really good.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top