Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 3:43:37 PM EDT
I started trading at VA Arms about 3 years ago and always thought Bernie had a top notch operation.  Hadn't been there in close to a year now - maybe longer.

I asked Bernie to handle a transfer for me - an 870P in excellent condition that I picked-up on Gunbroker.com for a lousy $210.00.  

Went to pick-up the 870P this morning, and man, was I ever impressed with the shop.  It has maybe 3 or 4 times more in the way of long guns, and an even better selection of handguns than I remember.

Bernie always had class people working there, and his current staff is no exception.  Robb helped me and handled everything like a real pro.  Had to grab a like new Bulgarian Makarov while I was there...just because...since I didn't already own one.  

Anyway - just a plug for VA Arms...a really great place...

Then I stopped at the Showplace on the way home...

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is VA arms located?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where is VA arms located?

Manassas...

Here's their web site:

www.virginiaarms.com/va_contact.html
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
+1

G
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Bernie and crew are the tops!

That's why I drive all the way from Alexandria for any of my gun related business!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
best of the best.  He's got some nice premium mags availble too if you need colt SMG mags, hk94, hkm4, most handgun mags.  I always end up with some mags when I walk in there....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Virginia Arms is the best gun store in Va in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Professional shop run by professionals.

Bernie and crew never let me down.

All my transfers goes through VA Arms.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Professional shop run by professionals.

Bernie and crew never let me down.

All my transfers goes through VA Arms.

+1.  Not just transfers, but new stuff as well!

I too used to drive all the way from Alexandria to their shop.  Now I'm maybe 10 minutes from another gun shop, but still drive out to Manassas.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 - They are always friendly, helpful, And treat you like gold if you buy somthing or if you just wanna BS with them.  AWSOME shop Prolly my favorite around the area.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Bernie has received many rifles and pistols for me bought on Gunbroker and Auctionarms.  All my dealings with him have been fine!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:10:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the kind words guys.  It means a lot.  

Robb
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#12]
except for gotm4.  he sucks.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
except for gotm4.  he sucks.  www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_nana.gif

OH OH That will leave a mark.    

Big +1 for VA Arms, more business coming your way guys.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm thinking about going today to pick up the real replacement of this:  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thanks for the kind words guys.  It means a lot.  

Robb

My pleasure, Robb...I just hope it's not another year between my visits...

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope to be in to pick up my Uzi on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I have bought all but 2 of my guns from them. Each time was an excellent expierence. They treat EVERY person that walks in there like a long time customer.

I go in there all the time and sometimes do not even buy anything and they still treat me well. And man do they have some good stuff in there.

Just to let them know, I just got my tax documents from work this morning and after filing and recieving my check I WILL be paying them a visit. I hope they still have that Yugo Mauser I was looking at.

VA arms is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:02:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That's why I drive all the way from Alexandria for any of my gun related business!

+1 as do I.
Side note: ran into Potomac Arms last week and they were pretty much empty. They said they werent buying new guns because they werent selling them(Im sure it had nothing to do with the prices )All they have now is a small selection of used stuff.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:08:15 AM EDT
[#19]
they are down the street and around the corner from my gf's place so every now and again i just go down there to look around.  i bought my blackhawk convertible there.  i walked in and asked for it and they told me they could order me anything i wanted.  now if only i could afford all that stuff i want.

they are a whole lot nicer as a group than the guys up 28 a bit.  and they don't push any one particular product line like those other guys either.  it is so nice to walk into a shop and see more than just sigs and glocks.  after all aaron loves his rugers and likes to see them under glass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 as do I.
Side note: ran into Potomac Arms last week and they were pretty much empty. They said they werent buying new guns because they werent selling them(Im sure it had nothing to do with the prices www.vwvortex.com/vwbb/rolleyes.gif)All they have now is a small selection of used stuff.

I used to live about five minutes from Potomac Arms.  There was a reason I never went there.  Besides prices, they were a bunch of rude old dicks to boot.  The only employee worth a damn there was the younger guy and there was a always a line five people deep to be helped by him.  The old guys were just standing around not wanting to be bothered.  They also wanted $60 to transfer an SW5 receiver.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 as do I.
Side note: ran into Potomac Arms last week and they were pretty much empty. They said they werent buying new guns because they werent selling them(Im sure it had nothing to do with the prices www.vwvortex.com/vwbb/rolleyes.gif)All they have now is a small selection of used stuff.

HELL, I drive all the way from Wardensville , WV to shop there since moving from Gainsville VA.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody know if they offer CCW classes. I am sure they have someone knowledgeable enough there to do them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Does anybody know if they offer CCW classes. I am sure they have someone knowledgeable enough there to do them.

they don't but they recommend piedmont I believe.  I went with IVES from teh NRA range, very thorough, by the book, adn a REAL great teacher.  HE realized I knew the law and my guns and after a safety sit down of about an hour, basically just spent a couple hours with me at the range teaching me how to shoot.

Only problem is that in addition to the 150$ (IIRC) I paid him - to come to my apt at a time convenient for me, and then give me some one on one time at range - it cost me about 1200$ in other fees for the lesson.  Once I saw his P7M8 and bladetech IWB, and got to try them, I bought one the next week.  I thank him for it whenever I can!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You can get the CCW class from Shooters Paradise. Good class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top