Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2008 10:22:53 PM EDT
DVC will be hosting Mr. Vickers for a 3 day carbine pistol class at our Richmond Kansas facility.  Course description is as follows:

Topics covered include basic carbine and pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move as well as strong hand and weak hand shooting and transitions. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.

Ammunition Requirements: 1000/Carbine 400/Pistol NO RELOADS

Packing List: Serviceable carbine with a sling. A tactical-type sling is preferred.
Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry spare magazine(s)
Minimum of 3 carbine serviceable magazines (5 is better)
A serviceable pistol, with three serviceable magazines.
A holster and magazine pouch
Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
Suitable range wear depending on the season
Knee and elbow pads are optional
Good attitude

Register Here

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
1cm,   DVC puts on lots of classes, infact they are doing two separate courses.
This one is a Carbine/Pistol class from Larry Vickers.
The one you are mistaking it for is the Urban AK class from Paul Gomez, which ofcourse falls on a different date.

Both are announced in the KS HTF.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Just as Bano said, these are two different classes on different dates.  I just got the Gomez AK class posted here.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a cool class, Great instructor, Gonna have to try and make that one!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Deadaim, what's the real round count like?  Here its posted as 1000 rifle, but when we were at the pistol class I heard 2,000 rifle a few times.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
Deadaim, what's the real round count like?  Here its posted as 1000 rifle, but when we were at the pistol class I heard 2,000 rifle a few times.

Larry usually keeps it right on the money with his round count, we brought him in last year and I think everyone had less than 100 left over.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top