Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 12:53:25 PM EDT
Here's the full story cut and pasted from CNN.com
I bet the anti gun nazis just popped one hell of a boner

Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter
'Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good'

Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 4:40 p.m. EST (21:40 GMT)

Harry Whittington, a 78-year-old lawyer, was in stable condition, a hospital spokeswoman said.  

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

Harry Whittington, 78, was "alert and doing fine" after Cheney sprayed him with shotgun pellets on Saturday while the two were hunting at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.

Armstrong said Whittington was mostly injured on his right side, with the pellets hitting his cheek, neck and chest, and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

Whittington was in stable condition Sunday, said Yvonne Wheeler, spokeswoman for the Christus Spohn Health System.

Cheney's spokeswoman, Lea Anne McBride, said the vice president was with Whittington, a lawyer from Austin, Texas, and his wife at the hospital on Sunday afternoon.

Armstrong said she was watching from a car while Cheney, Whittington and another hunter got out of the vehicle to shot at a covey of quail late afternoon on Saturday.

Whittington shot a bird and went to look for it in the tall grass, while Cheney and the third hunter walked to another spot and found a second covey.

Whittington "came up from behind the vice president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself," Armstrong told the Associated Press in an interview.

"The vice president didn't see him," she continued. "The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by god, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."

The shooting was first reported by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times.

She said Whittington was bleeding but not very seriously injured, and Cheney was very apologetic.

"It broke the skin," she said. "It knocked him silly. But he was fine. He was talking. His eyes were open. It didn't get in his eyes or anything like that."

She said emergency personnel traveling with Cheney tended to Whittington, holding his face and cleaning up the blood.

"Fortunately, the vice president has got a lot of medical people around him and so they were right there and probably more cautious than we would have been," she said. "The vice president has got an ambulance on call, so the ambulance came."

Armstrong said Cheney is a longtime friend who comes to the ranch to hunt about once a year. She said Whittington is a regular, too, but she thought it was the first time the two men hunted together.

"This is something that happens from time to time. You now, I've been peppered pretty well myself," said Armstrong.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
an "accident" my ass. Negligence in my book.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1

Now come on.. Just shoot out the car window.. no need to get out of it LMAO.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Now come on.. Just shoot out the car window.. no need to get out of it roll it down LMAO.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
cheney skis in jeans what do you expect?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The news sure is down playing this.

There was just some idiot woman on the news saying that it was important to remember that it was done with a shotgun that only has small BBs and a very wide spread.  She was really trying to down play it like it's not a big deal to shoot someone with a shotgun.  She tried to make it sound like it wasn't his fault because that shotgun's spread was so wide or some such horse shit.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
At least it was downplayed for the sheeple. Like we need them to try to pull something about guns are bad bad bad BIG OL SHOTGUN filling this lawyer with a million holes etc etc etc.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess you're right about that.  Good point
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#9]
You know what's a riot about this.  He shot his friend with a 28 gauge.  Those puppies are lower cal then a .410 aren't they?  Granted its stupid to shoot someone, I don't care what they say but the fact that Cheney was out hunting quail with a 28 gauge is too cool.  I can barely hit the little buggers with my 16 gauge.

Patty
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#11]
See, proof he thinks he can even shoot someone and get away with it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You know what's a riot about this.  He shot his friend with a 28 gauge.  Those puppies are lower cal then a .410 aren't they?  Granted its stupid to shoot someone, I don't care what they say but the fact that Cheney was out hunting quail with a 28 gauge is too cool.  I can barely hit the little buggers with my 16 gauge.

Patty

12 gauge, no choke, 3" case. More lead in the air at a 8' spread!

I keed. However, with a 12.5" barrel using about 7 or 8 shot, I was getting an 18" spread at 15 yards.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#14]
No more war!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#15]
OMG.. I don't like Cheney but better yet.. YOU GUYS MISSED THE BEST PART.. HE SHOT A LAWYER!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, you know the Brady's had to waste some more of our precious air...

James and Sarah Brady Comment on the Vice President's Hunting Mishap

2/12/2006 5:40:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: National Desk

Contact: Peter Hamm of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, 202-289-5792

WASHINGTON, Feb. 12 /U.S. Newswire/ -- James and Sarah Brady made comments today related to Vice President Cheney's reportedly accidental shooting yesterday in Texas.

"Now I understand why Dick Cheney keeps asking me to go hunting with him," said Jim Brady. "I had a friend once who accidentally shot pellets into his dog - and I thought he was an idiot."

"I've thought Cheney was scary for a long time," Sarah Brady said. "Now I know I was right to be nervous."

These morons had a great opportunity to actually further their weak argument about how guns are bad, and instead, used it to call Cheney an idiot.

They really are simple creatures.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Send the Brady bunch to S. Africa unarmed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:54:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Erm I meant Monrovia, Liberia.
media.putfile.com/Jump1664

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#20]
This really was a dipstick action on Cheney's part.  Not only did he violate all 4 gun safety rules, he also hadn't paid his $7 hunting stamp...effectively hunting illegaly.

I ain't a Bush-admin- basher but honestly Cheney should have to re-take Hunter's Ed like anyone else who has a DFG violation.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:37:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#22]
TRIGGER FINGER!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#23]
While the anti-gun brigade may be getting a "boner" about this incident, I suspect they will make a few "safety" related pronouncements, but we won't hear anything about banning hunting or placing tighter controls on shotguns.

After all, that might actually wake up the old fart hunters from their political inactivity and "don't care" attitude towards other shooting sports and gun owners.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Pretty funny on Bob and Tom they were saying that Cheney had to use "scatter shot" because he was such a poor marksman....  I use my .223 for Quail cuZe I'm just that good..
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This really was a dipstick action on Cheney's part.  Not only did he violate all 4 gun safety rules, he also hadn't paid his $7 hunting stamp...effectively hunting illegaly.

I ain't a Bush-admin- basher but honestly Cheney should have to re-take Hunter's Ed like anyone else who has a DFG violation.

It wasn't Cheney's fault - Whittington circled around to the front of the party, right into the line of fire, without announcing his presence.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#26]
The antis will have a field day with this.  I was watching PBS nightly news [Its all I have available to me] and saw an interview with a woman reporter who supposedly broke the story.  She claimed [herself included] that nearly everyone in Texas has been peppered a time or two.  What a bunch of idiots.  

Patty
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't Cheney's fault - Whittington circled around to the front of the party, right into the line of fire, without announcing his presence.

My thoughts exactly, wtf is he doing going in front of guns to retrieve a bird?  Doesn't make sense to me but what do I know I'm not a lawyer.....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top