Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2022 10:45:30 PM EDT
Bought a couple of Boxes of the Venom 9mm Pistol Cartridges from Sportsman's Warehouse the other day.  On sale for $19.99 a box.

I recent built a brand new AR in 9mm. Spikes Tactical lower, Odin Works 5 inch Barrel, Odin Works 9mm Heavy Buffer, Odin Works Bolt Carrier, and a KAK Shockwave Pistol Brace Package.

Went to test fire at the range today, but the range trip was cut short.  The Venom ammo was the culprit.    Pistol was functioning perfectly until I had a squib load of the Venom ammo .  Bullet stuck about an inch into the barrel and the case ruptured. Fired about 75 rounds thru this new AR before the mishap.

I'm not trying to HATE on them, more so I just want to warn others of the problems I've encountered with the ammo. Take it for what it's worth.

If I can figure out how to upload photos here, I post them later.  Or I you want to see the case and bullet, send me a PM and provide an email address and I will send a photo or two.

AK_Zeke
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Well that sucks. Glad you are ok. I just bought 5 boxes of it down here at sportsmans. Haven't shot any yet.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 3:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah glad you caught the squib load, I saw it there and had some in the cart and put in back not knowing anything about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top