Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 4:18:09 PM EDT
Are there any Las Vegas residents who'd consider going to the Stratosphere for me, ordering the Chocolate Stratosphere dessert, and then Fedexing it Overnight to me in MN.

My wife took me on a surprise trip to Vegas for my 30th in Oct. and now her's is coming up and I'd like to commemorate the trip since it isn't feasible for me to recreate the whole trip.

If there are any of you out there who think you could package up a chocolate item that could foreseeably melt or break in transit well enough to get it to me.  Contact me via IM and let me know what kind of cash you'd need to do it.

I am serious, this isn't a joke.

Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could help you there Bro, but I don't patronize establishments that prohibit law abiding citizens from legally carrying firearms. The "Sucksophere" is one such establishment.

Maybe someone from the board will fulfill your request, but I know that most feel the same way that I do about boycotting anti-gun businesses.

Sorry.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Mmm, that sounds like a tasty dessert. Quite a difficult feat to ship it, I bet!

But alas, I would prefer to not visit them if they deny entrance to CCW holders.

By the way, have you seen their thrill ride billboards? The guy on them kinda looks like Lootie.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
No, it's basically a model of the Tower made of white chocolate, chocolate, and chocolate mousse inside the "Top of the World" portion of it.

Very fragile and probably prone to melting even if it held together.

I just called the Strat and they stated they can't do it due to liability reasons and perishable products.  

Oh well, perhaps I'll have to learn to become a dessert chef before next week.

Thanks for responding,
Scott
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I know Fed Ex ships frozen packs - I've received lobster for my B-day bofore.  I wonder if you could flash-freeze it, then ship it by the overnight Fed Ex frozen pack?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Where's is it at in there??  Store, resturant??  How about in dry ice, strafoam box.  i get ice cream from Ohio all thetime.  I'll go check it out.............
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Top Of The World Restaurant is way up at the top of the tower.  Well, maybe not the very top, I think there are two levels above the restaurant but it's up there, maybe 108th level out of 110 or so.

Thanks for even considering it,
Scott
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
IM Sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top