Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 4:10:38 PM EDT
Anyone here going? Maybe we could meet up or something. Also Anyone know of any good place to shoot around the lansdale area.  Ive shot at classic pistol and target world but I sure wish I knew of an outdoor range.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#1]
When is the show?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]
King of Prussia Pennsylvania: Valley Forge Gun Show - Valley Forge Convention Center - Jun 14-15 2003 610-975-0877
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be at the show. I need to buy even MORE stuff

My brother and I usually hit Hooters after the show.

[Homer]Guns and Boobiesssss[/Homer]

Any takers?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Also Anyone know of any good place to shoot around the lansdale area.  Ive shot at classic pistol and target world but I sure wish I knew of an outdoor range.

Bucks Counth Fish and Game 1 mile south of Doylestown.  55$/year. Trap black powder 100 yd. rifle, pistol clays and archery.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be at the Valley Forge Gun Show on 6/14/03 around 10:30am.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I ll be at the gunshow.

I live in Wissahickon SD and shoot at Bucks County Fish and Game
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh,

I can't make it.  Working that weekend.

Somebody let me know if any Intersting pops up there.  OK?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:16:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Mustang, Try North Penn gun club.  It's just a 100yd bunker that you use for whatever you're shooting that day.  If someone's shooting trap, you can't shoot rifle.  I think the club is more intended for the social side.  It's up in Trumbauersville, and you need to know someone there to join.  There's also Lower Providence Rod and Gun www.lprgc.com/.  They have a 50yd outdoor range for rifle (it's actually a bunker on the pistol range) and an indoor pistol.  I've been a member for 3 years now and since I joined they've been talking about a new 100yd rifle range but there doesn't seem to be much progress on getting approval.  They also just started allowing multiple round loading for rifles, but you need to take a safety course at the club first.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#10]
What a question!! Of course I'll be there. Name tag and all.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Might get another Hakko red dot sight and/or a front AR grip. Ammo if reasonable enough. And who knows what else will pop up!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there Sunday, probably about 10:30.
I'm looking for a milled receiver pre-ban PolyTech AK.
Mario_FAMOInc
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#13]
The show is getting closer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I am planning on being there Saturday morning, when is everyone else planning on showing up? We should arrange a time and a place.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be there, but not sure if it'll be saturday or sunday yet.  Got to get plenty of ammo for Bulletfest.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:19:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, I'm going to the VFGC today. Hope to see you there. Probably be there from 9 - 1 or so. In and out early.

I am the one on the left...maybe this is a bad picture.

I am the one on the left.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Can someone give me a class 3 report so I know if it's worth going tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Was about the same as I remember from the last show.  Nothing really seemed to jump out at me, but I was only really on the lookout for stuff for my summer project - semi 1919, belt fed baby!  Picked up a pair of WWII .30 cal ammo cans for $5/ea, but was hoping to find a Bren or MG42 tripod - no luck there.   Lotsa AR stuff - one guy building uppers ala cart on the spot, that's usually there - Tony's?  

Some miscellaneous FAL parts here and there - didn't see any complete kits, but not a surprise nowadays, I guess.   Didn't see many complete rifles, either.  One of the DSA stainless carbines - looked neat, but didn't even bother checking the price.   One overpriced ($2400) SAR-48, and a smattering of CAI guns.   One used M444 for, I believe, $500.  Same table had one of the new PTR-91's for $595, also used.  I've heard they've had some issues, however - based on the relatively low price, I'm guessing that one did.

Saw port .308 for $30/200 and SA for $20/140 - good price per battlepack, but didn't inquire about further quantity discount.  For the class III guys, Dennis Todd and David Spiwak were there.  Didn't really look closely at what they had or prices - why depress myself...

Speaking of which, one of those two (forget which) was selling stripped OOW AK receivers.   I meant to go back to their table and check the price - if anyone reads this and plans to go this afternoon, it would be appreciated if you could check on this and post back.

All in all, an entertaining couple of hours - crowd didn't seem too bad.  Long line in the morning, but there was a little room to maneuever inside, despite the typically narrow aisles.

Rocko
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Way over priced!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#20]
The only thing could afford at the show was the admission.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Now maybe I won't go tomorrow. Sounds like the last show and the last one before that .  You pretty much know all the venders by heart. The only nice thing about it is you get a few hours out . Oh well. Hmmmm . What too do What to do !!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:Speaking of which, one of those two (forget which) was selling stripped OOW AK receivers.   I meant to go back to their table and check the price - if anyone reads this and plans to go this afternoon, it would be appreciated if you could check on this and post back.
Rocko

Rocko - the stripped OOW receivers in the case were Howard Block's.  He had the other side of the tables backed by Dave Spiwak.  I didn't check the prices, but Howard is pretty reasonable.  I recommend him highly; I'll IM you with his info.

Phil - I wasn't really paying attention to the C3 stuff today, but Dave Spiwak had a nice assortment of stuff (BM59, mini-Uzi, ACC556, FNC, Reising, MAC's, and probably a few more things I didn't even notice.  Dennis had his usual assortment of goodies, and Henry Smith had a couple of MG's and a case full of supressors.  There were a few other dealers with some C3 stuff, but it was very limited and for the most part prices were sky-high.  (I saw one smaller dealer who I don't know with a M11 for over $2k).
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Stryker_11A, hi its rich.....chainsawrich. It was nice to meet ya and talk. That had to be the most expensive show yet. It seems every show gets more expensive then the last. Picked up some ammo and a 98k mauser. Hope to talk again soon.

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, a lot of over priced stuff. However, Stryker mentioned a possible ammo deal. He was right, I got a case of Q3131A for $175 out the door.

Also got a steel swinging tree with stand for $43.

Didn't find a metal magazine for a CZ452 in 22lr.
I was there for 5 hours and still didn't see one CZ452 Varmint rifle. I already have one but was looking to see what they want for it in comparison.

I think that the last show at Harrisburg was better.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yeah, a lot of over priced stuff. However, Stryker mentioned a possible ammo deal. He was right, I got a case of Q3131A for $175 out the door.
I think that the last show at Harrisburg was better.

I'll probably stop down tomorrow to look around...

Q3131A @ $175 is a good deal...
I bought 2 cases of it at Harrisburg for the same price. (Might have been $178/case)
Right after 9/11/01, this stuff was $199 a case...
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#26]
yep I picked up more of the same. The last show it was hard to find but this time I seen several guys selling Q3131A.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey chainsawrich. Right after I talked to you I walked past one of the ammo dealers, the one up front. I walked around bypassing all of the Wolf etc when at the very end of his table, stacked next to a pillar were 5 2700 round tubs of SA wrapped in plastic! Checked the labels and sure engough. I got THAT feeling, I had struck it rich! I asked the guy how much for all 5 of them and he said he wasnt going to sell. I asked him he would bring ammo to a gun show and not sell it? He sort of laughed and said they were empty tubs he sued to haul his other stuff in.

Life can be so cruel sometimes. I was about to buy $1500 worth of ammo, 13,500 rounds, enough to keep me happy for awhile buy no joy.

So I bought some of the bright orange targets in the back and 100 rds of Igman SS109 to check out. Guy had a decent price for 1000, $190 but I wanted to see if it was worth it first.

By the way, Post here in the PA site when the NJ shoot at Ft. Dix is. May be able to make it if someone can borrow me some 10 rd mags.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Stryker that sounds like my luck. I can just picture you carrying 13,500 rounds of ammo out the door with a big grin on your face! Here is the info so far.....

When: 7/5/03
Where: Ft Dix Range 14

contribute $15 to help offset some of the day's range rental and target purchases. Strictly on a voluntary basis. Money or not, everyone is welcome.

Now the cool stuff!

Your $15 contribution buys you a chance in a raffle for a new/unfired CAVALRY ARMS LOWER RECEIVER!! Each person will write their name on a ticket and we will draw one from a hat at some point in the shoot. NJ members, I will have the appropriate paperwork on hand to do a private transfer so be sure and bring your FID cards! Out of state residents, I will give you my contact info so you can forward me FFL info to ship it to.

You can go to the N.J/N.Y. forum for more info and directions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#29]
damn chainsawrich, 5 July I will be out of the country. Maybe next time eh? Perhaps somebody else may take a shot at it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#30]
The show seems to be getting bigger, methinks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

-sigh- Am I the only one that remembers when the old Borderline shows took up both floors?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Nope - I remember those days too.  Of course the downstairs was always chock-full of beenie-babies, blankets, and beef jerky.  I don't remember ever finding much good stuff down there when it was a 2-floor show.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-sigh- Am I the only one that remembers when the old Borderline shows took up both floors?

I miss all the Borderline shows .  You always found different dealers at them .  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Yea I remember those days also. That was before owners changed hands at the sheraton. You could get some good deals back then. Two floors are always better then one !!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#35]
I remember when both floors were used.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top