Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/16/2009 5:49:33 AM EST
Anyone else hear about this? Heard it from a friend who... heard it from a friend who... etc.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:24:46 AM EST
I was happy when I just found it. Always take a look when I come up to visit my brother in Kearneysville.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:27:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2009 7:30:44 AM EST by Solarus]
I was just in there yesterday. No mention of them closing. I'd discount this as mere rumor until you hear it from them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:29:19 AM EST
I havent been there in a while. But i never thought they would close. They seemed to be doing well and had the plans for the new range. Maybe with the health issues of Toms wife that might be a reason for it. But i would have to hear it from Tom himself in order to believe that.

I hope not that would mean there isn't many other choices for a handgun in this area. Rifles i can just go to Va. Oh well i'll just have to stop in and see.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:50:15 AM EST
I haven't heard anything to that effect...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:32:38 PM EST
Was just in there yesterday (I stop in 1-2 X/week); bought a new Stag Arms lower nicely laser engraved with a "VG II" monogram and image of a WV Mountaineer, and ordered a Kimber ..22 conversion kit for my 1911. Chatted with several of them. No mention whatsoever of them going out of business anytime soon. In fact, I watched the proprietor decline to purchase direct mail advertising from a walk-in solicitor, saying that I-81 and president Obama do all the advertising he needs and that business is almost more than he can handle. They also made a hefty purchase of ammo and accessories from a vendor who had stopped by while I was in the stor. They are within sniffing distance of being SOT holders (just waiting for some paper-pusher to push some paper), and will soon be dealing in Class III stuff as well. I strongly doubt any rumors of them closing.

BTW, if you'd like a VG II engraved Stag lower, they should have a few more in later this week - but I got the first! Hehehe... Great shop, great guys - go and give them your hard-earned cash!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:54:09 AM EST
Highly doubt it. Seriously highly doubt it.

Might want to do that one smart thing....call them 304-229-4411

Since they're one of the only gun shops in the panhandle....highly doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:56:03 AM EST
Class 3 soon? *glee* I so want a few suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:59:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2009 11:59:17 AM EST by TURNSKULL]
Send bubble and Hard rock and IM if you want a few Suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:13:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By TURNSKULL:
Send bubble and Hard rock and IM if you want a few Suppressors.

Thanks heaps. Already talking to Bubbles now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:48:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By tngo_dn:

BTW, if you'd like a VG II engraved Stag lower, they should have a few more in later this week - but I got the first! Hehehe... Great shop, great guys - go and give them your hard-earned cash!

I am not even in the market for another lower, but I would buy one in a new york minute with a mountaineer engraving. Where is the shop located?

Thanks,
shooter
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:09:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By shooter220:
Originally Posted By tngo_dn:

I am not even in the market for another lower, but I would buy one in a new york minute with a mountaineer engraving. Where is the shop located?

Thanks,
shooter

Take WV Exit 5 off of I-81, get on the west frontage road heading north. About 1/2 - 3/4 mile, on the right, you will see the sign for Valley Guns, an archery shop, and a barber shop. Turn right into the parking lot. All three are colocated in a single building that is finished in log-style siding. The building is clearly visible from I-81, just north of Exit 5.
Top Top