Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 11:24:00 AM EDT
Well, I went and was pleased to say there were some interesting things.

Lots of LEO rifles!
Prices were, I think, just slightly higher than regular but I could be wrong as its been a while since I priced a new AR15. There were also a reasonable array of other semi auto "fun guns" AK clones, FAL, Etc. Lots of WWII (carbines & Garands) stuff also.

I went with the idea I only wanted either a Colt 9mm AR15 or any 5.45mm AK74 style rifle. I found one table that had about 10 police trade in 9mm's that were in about 70% condition selling for $950 that I passed on. I'd rather pay a little more or wait a little longer to get a rifle in better condition.

As much as I searched I just couldn't find an AK74 and then suddenly sitting on the table in front of me was a VEPR 5.45mm. I've wanted one of these for over a year now so once I picked it up I couldn't put it down. Even though I paid a premium I'm still very happy with this rifle.

I was hoping to find a 1/2X28 die for AR barrel threads but no one had one. I'll just have to order one I guess.

I didn't price any ammo or mags since I wasn't interested in buying any this time out.

One thing that really sucked was the weather. It rained a little on the way up and on the PA Turnpike the Dodge SUV right behind me lost control swerving across all lanes a few times and ending up crashing head on into the center divider.
Then on the way home it rained cats & dogs. Flooding in the townships was a definite problem. Seemed like it took forever to get home. But that could have had a bit to do with the VEPR sitting in the back seat

I'm definitely glad I went. Got a chance to talk to DavidC also.
Except for the weather it was a very good morning.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got back myself and I also thought the prices were inflated ( as usual )one guy was asking $350 for new betas and while the guy a couple of tables down had them for $250

I saw major gouging with Glock and AR mags , some fool was trying to sell Glock LEO Hi-caps for $30 a piece ! Also saw new AR 30 rd mags for $29  

Overall it was an ok show
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Am I going to find an LEO marked 30 round mag for $15 or less tomorrrow?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I was at the show too and will go again sunday. Yes, some dealers were charging $30 for 30 rnd AR15 mags. However JT Distibuting had a table and was selling USGI DH (formerly Labelle) 30 rnd mags for $15 and 20 rnd mags for $16 (had law enforcement markings on them).

One table was selling SIG 226 15 rnd LE mags about $17 and Sig228 13 rnd LE mags for about the same.

LULA loaders for AR15 were as low as $20

I think alot of people are getting ripped off by dealers who sell AR15s with the really cheapo style CAR stock( not ribbed). Those old style stocks look really flimsy. Besides, who knows what kind of uppers reciever s are on top of those bushmasters. I get the bad feeling that there are alot of questionable uppers on alot of the quality lower receivers.

Some nice Yugo SKSs for $159 too.

SKD tactical had lots of Vltor stocks and EOtech 512 and a few Aimpoints.

Picked up Federal XM193 500 rounds i think for around $90

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea I was hoping for some good AWB sunset deals, but it seemed like most of the vendors were trying to give it a last ditch effort to sell their "pre-ban" stuff at a premium. I did leave with my wallet being lighter than when I walked in, got a collapsable stock and other various AR goodies.
Now if only I can find someone to thread my barrel.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh Yeah, I forgot to say those a-hole nazis with their flags are there too
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just got back myself and I also thought the prices were inflated ( as usual )one guy was asking $350 for new betas and while the guy a couple of tables down had them for $250

I saw major gouging with Glock and AR mags , some fool was trying to sell Glock LEO Hi-caps for $30 a piece ! Also saw new AR 30 rd mags for $29  

Overall it was an ok show

that's nothing, I was trying to get some hi-cap m9 mags and the big mag dealers (like the one with the huge sign that said CLIPS, lol) were horribly gouging, trying to charge >$60 for used mags in bad condition...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:54:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys,

I hate to say it, however, given my last five years experiance with these shows, I have concluded they have outlived their usefulness.  All of the non-regulated items can be bought over the net much much cheaper and tax free.  The regulated items (firearms) are way too expensive unless you are an impulse buyer.  So the gun show may go the way of the buggy whip unless they change their collective approach to pricing.

Just my opinion.....

Gary
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:53:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Sonunds like it isn't worth the drive from the Dover, DE area then...  Only thing I might be really interested in would be .50BMG ammo - any reports on that?

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Guys,

I hate to say it, however, given my last five years experiance with these shows, I have concluded they have outlived their usefulness.  All of the non-regulated items can be bought over the net much much cheaper and tax free.  The regulated items (firearms) are way too expensive unless you are an impulse buyer.  So the gun show may go the way of the buggy whip unless they change their collective approach to pricing.

Just my opinion.....

Gary

I have to agree with you. I rarely go to these shows anymore. The main reason I went was to see if there were any special deals cause of the sunset.

I only get parts and stuff
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I went with the idea I only wanted either a Colt 9mm AR15 or any 5.45mm AK74 style rifle. I found one table that had about 10 police trade in 9mm's that were in about 70% condition selling for $950 that I passed on. I'd rather pay a little more or wait a little longer to get a rifle in better condition.

You didn't mention you were looking for a Colt 9mm. One of the dealers in the first area by the entrance, who had a lot of EBRs, had a Colt in about 99% condition underneath everything else (it was sitting on the table between two racks). He was asking $950 for it.

Phoenix Distributing had a table full of Colt LEO AR-15 marked M4s and carbines in condition from new to 80% at prices from $750 - $1100.

I picked up some YHM BUIS stuff from J&T but that was about it.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#12]

You didn't mention you were looking for a Colt 9mm. One of the dealers in the first area by the entrance, who had a lot of EBRs, had a Colt in about 99% condition underneath everything else (it was sitting on the table between two racks). He was asking $950 for it.
Phoenix Distributing had a table full of Colt LEO AR-15 marked M4s and carbines in condition from new to 80% at prices from $750 - $1100.

Once I bought the VEPR 5.45 the Colt Carbine was was put on hold.

I saw the table full of 9mm's when I first went in but wasn't too excited about their condition.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Very disappointing show. I came with a pocket full of money and a hankerin' to spend it. T&T Reloading wasn't there. Top Hat was out of about 50% of his targets. Very limited powder availability.  The Bush folks were out of yard signs...

I came away with 5K of primers, 1K of .38 lead, a Dewey AR rod, 4 plastic ammo boxes, a .50 can and an LEO marked 20 round mag.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:58:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I got a chrome-lined ultralight barrel from J&T and had Tony swap out my HBAR and install a Phantom.  He charged me a whopping $25 for the job -- I thought I was hearing things.

Also picked up some EDC stuff -- Surefire E2D, CRKT folder to replace the one I lost, and a Maxpedition dump pouch.

jafager
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guys,

Just my opinion.....

Gary

I have to agree with you. I rarely go to these shows anymore. The main reason I went was to see if there were any special deals cause of the sunset.

I only get parts and stuff

+2
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I went on Sunday to pick up some surplus 308 and Wolf 7.62x39 ammo...

I was shocked just how many "Pre-Bans" were marked from $1500 to $1700 still while the table next to them were selling brand new Bushmasters for about $850 with all the same features (NOT MARKED LEO EITHER)!  

I tried to buy a simple A2 flash hider and I only found 1-place that had them and he wanted $15 for it and it was used surplus

I only bought my ammo and ran but there were quite a few guns in there and some were very nicely priced... others the sellers must have been on drugs in some cases...  I was quite impressed with the number of AR-15 RRs and M-16s at the show however and quite a ew of the NFA items seemed reasonable...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I went Saturday hoping to find a stripped lower. I arrived at about 2 PM. The only stripped lower I saw was a DPMS for $150. Some one had a sign for Rock River lowers for $135 but was sold out. A guy at one table told me I could probably find one at a gun show.  Isn't that where I was?
I couldn't even find anyone with an under $90 charging handle. Over all very disappointing for the do it your self type shopper. The adjustable stocks were tempting but I need another lower to finish my new lightweight barrel slickside A1.

J&T was the only ray of sunshine in the place.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#19]
As usual...i find the Valley Forge gunshow's deal to be disappointing. I only go to get parts and windowshop..hehe..The dealers in there are out of their mind with their inflated prices. Buy there unless you can't wait to get wat u want from online deals, other than that....I find our dealers on this forum got the best price...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top