Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 8:07:57 AM EDT
What a BS, worthless, rotten made up holiday! If a woman wanted flowers and dinner why didn't she just ask? Now every man on Feb 14th, is worried and frantically running to the florist and D Geller  & Sons to buy something for his lady that she will be happy with and proud to show her friends.

Good grief, I would rather giver her the CC and tell her to go to Lenox. At least I wouldn't have to be bothered with this BS holiday. I mean........if she doesn't know I love her by now.....then buying her some trinkets on the 14th, isn't going to change her mind!!!!

So, what are your plans to make the Mrs. happy on Valentine's Day???

Grumpy Accountant
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Amen brother.  At least my fiance and I share your opinion.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
We're just spending the day together. Ironically, I bought her a custom made ink pen to match my 1911 grips a couple weeks ago, and it just showed up. I didn't give it to her for valentines, just because I love her.

(But just like a woman, she says, "so you're giving me his to tell me that you got new grips for you gun, right?" I said, "no, I'm giving it to you to remind you that I got you covered, and if anyone gives you crap, you know I'll come fix 'em.")
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Maybe ask her to meet me somewhere for lunch.  I might get her a card this year.

I don't get in the fluff of getting candy and jewelry and junk like that.  More power to those that do.  For those that have significant others that expect a big bunch of fluff; I hate that for em.

You want to make them happy. Be spontaneous throughout the year.  (Note to self.  Practice what you preach more )
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What a BS, worthless, rotten made up holiday! If a woman wanted flowers and dinner why didn't she just ask? Now every man on Feb 14th, is worried and frantically running to the florist and D Geller  & Sons to buy something for his lady that she will be happy with and proud to show her friends.

Good grief, I would rather giver her the CC and tell her to go to Lenox. At least I wouldn't have to be bothered with this BS holiday. I mean........if she doesn't know I love her by now.....then buying her some trinkets on the 14th, isn't going to change her mind!!!!

Grumpy Accountant

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Valentines Day is a GREAT holiday!!! (at least this year it is)

I just got my very first AR-15 (only wanted one for 10 years or so) from the wife for my Valentines Day present.

She and got a a diamond vaccuum ring cleaner.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife got almost half my paycheck to pay for her expenses while still trapped in Brasil.  All I can afford and she knows that so its all good.  I'll call her tomorrow and mention something or another.  Good news is they DONT celebrate Valentines Day in Brasil, so she would never know the difference anyway
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Valentine's Day = Hallmark Holiday. If you treat your lady right year round St. Valentine's Day is not necessary.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Valentine's Day = Hallmark Holiday. If you treat your lady right year round St. Valentine's Day is not necessary.

You got that right -MrsMonk
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Grumpy Accountant

did ya piss off the wife???
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm treating that special women in my life to a nice lunch, A handfull of flowers then a nice dinner. I will then present her with the most special card. I will then give her a small present to open,,,,, A set of  jumper cables. The alt on her car was giving it up and we need to charge the battery enough to get home, she had no jumpers. She's not my wife, just my girlfriend !!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
VD is a bogus/Hallmark holiday.  I agree with all those who say be spontaneous/considerate/romantic/whatever during the year.  That type of behavior is not in my nature.  I have to try really hard to make those things happen especially with my crazy work schedule and all the other stuff that keeps parents busy.  Since I wasn't very good at it the spontaneous/romantic stuff this year...

Cards from Hallmark $7
Dozen roses from Pikes $19.99
Dinner out w/ my wife and our two munchkins... priceless!!!

Better a day early than not at all.  

p.s. We did make more than one trip to Guven's this year.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Whoa!  Sounds like someone's been cut-off!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa!  Sounds like someone's been cut-off!

Thankfully no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top