Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 7:37:14 PM EDT
Title says it all. A couple of my buddies are coming down here from PRNY, and they want to let em' rip..
The local range up there has a problem with shots paced faster then 1 per 2sec. As I want to show my buddies a good time, can anyone recomend a range (near Richmond) that is cool with blasting away?

TIA
Spunk (recent VA convert)
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Hite Hollow, it may be far from you but you can shoot anything!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
It has been a long time since I have been to this area, but Amelia wildlife area (State run) did not have any restrictions on rate of fire that I can remember. However, pleae take into account I have not been there in several years so someone else may have more current information. Youl could always try to call them to verify.

This is about and hour to an hour and fifteen outside of Richmond.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
When are you planning to be in town?  I know of at least one person with a private range and full-autos (so they don't mind anything you're talking about by any means)....

Black Fox
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:08:28 AM EDT
[#4]
amelia is only 30 minutes or so from the southside
you have a 10 pt range, have to shoot thru a tube from  a bench
not really a place to go "blasting"
great for sighting in a rifle, not much else
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I live in Richmond now (downtown Jackson-Ward), thank god im out of NY. My friends are coming down in mid Novemrber~ early Dec sometime. Sheesh, I would LOVE to meet someone with a private range!!! We'll clean up any mess we make, and bring the cold ones. My one friend is briging some mannequins, tv's, assorted other stuff to shoot up. I'm thinking about trying some of that Tannerite stuff I've read about on here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hite Hollow, it may be far from you but you can shoot anything!

that's not true you can't shoot the port-o-john like the local's
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#7]
here is a list of ranges

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/2182/va.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top