Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 4:34:19 AM EDT
Anyone here shooting IDPA in Northern VA?  I've never done it, and I'm interested in basic info re: how to get started.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I would go to this web page and find the local club. Call the person listed and ask to attend a shoot. Either as a shooter or spectator.
www.idpa.com/clublist.asp?state=VA
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Clay-more, there are a number of guys around here who shoot IDPA, I think the NRA range has matches on tuesday.  I've got a buddy who's looking into it, but he's never gone either.  Call the range and ask them if they have any more info.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
call this number at the NRA range 703 267-1400
and punch the button to find out about monthly activities.  You usually have to sign up for a match on the tuesday before the match, you gotta be quick cause by noon all the good times are taken.  You can also just come by on the evening of a match and watch, bring eyes and ears and come on back to the impact end of the range where eveyone is shooting.

I took an intro to IDPA class taught by NRA that gave a pretty good basic intro to tactical style shooting.  I don't believe it is required to shoot a match.  I also don't believe it is required that you join IDPA for the first match or two.

I was going to go to the match this month after a long hiatus but i have a pistol class that weekend and so that blows my shooting time allowance.  Email if you'd like to go with me to the next one, if so we can hook up and you can watch me screw up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a range in Stafford that has Wednesday evening shoots every other week.  Also, Cavalier down in Richmond is the last Sunday of each month.  I'm driving down this week for it.  There is a sticky topic at the top of the VA forum about it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]
clay-more,
There will be an IDPA match on tuesday 28 october at the NRA range that i plan to shoot in.  I won't know what time exactly until i sign up on the morning of the 20th  although i plan on trying for a time of around 6pm.  If you're still interested let me know if the time works for you, i can go a little later.  Plan on spending an hour or so there.

I do want to caveat this by saying that my work occasionally takes me out of town on fairly short notice so things could happen up to a couple of days before.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Curt,

Cool.  If my kids don't have soccer that evening, I will be there.  Keep in touch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top