Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 4:14:26 PM EDT
I have a 14yr. old cousin who is coming in for Christmas and I want to take him shooting with the AR for the first time. Does Uwharrie close at all?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's daylight it's open.

Unless they are doing maintenence on it like they did in...uh..May

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Just talked to a person I know in the Forestry Service and they said it does not. I also heard some interesting information that I was told not to repeat. Would affect everyone who goes there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just talked to a person I know in the Forestry Service and they said it does not. I also heard some interesting information that I was told not to repeat. Would affect everyone who goes there.

bad or good? don't keep secrets when it comes to the range, you are anonomous here

camaro
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok fuck it, the person in charge doesn't want the range open anymore. They don't wanna clean up after people and they are basically anti gun. A person I know got into a fight (verbal) about this and other things and the only reason it is still in op. is due to a higher up who does want it. They are thinking of charging like they do for the use of the 4x4 area to make sure it can be maintained to stay open. That is all my magic eight ball would tell me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have to pay to use it and keep it from being closed, I would not mind.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
ALSO contact your congress people and demand the range be kept open.

After all it's actually one way that the govt is supporting the RTKABA and is NOT a waste of taxpayer monies.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top