Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:33:58 PM EDT
Hey fellas, anyone in Northwest Ok know where a guy can buy utility trailers?  Something such as 6x12 with a folding rear gate.  Southwest KS is rediculous in the trailer business.  $1300 is the going price around here.  I found a couple light-duty, and I mean light duty for around $925.   I know the price of metal went up, but come-on!  

Any help would be greatly appriciated.  Let me know if a Kansan can be of any help.  (NOT BORN HERE!)  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm not positive about up north but in southern ok you can pick one up in the 600~ range........my boss just picked up a nice 18' for a grand with like new tires.......
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i'm not positive about up north but in southern ok you can pick one up in the 600~ range........my boss just picked up a nice 18' for a grand with like new tires.......

Yep, and it was probably used as a mobile house-of-ill-repute! Complete with nasty bunks, red lights, and a few bullet holes!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, and it was probably used as a mobile house-of-ill-repute! Complete with nasty bunks, red lights, and a few bullet holes!

shit Dan you speak as if that were a bad thing.
that place sounds like my house on wheels.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

that place sounds like my house on wheels.

MLW>"<

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Be real careful about buying trailers. There are deals to be found. My agency has been working a LOT of trailer thefts lately. They are 2nd only to 4 wheelers. Trailers may be catching them since 4 wheelers now have to have tags.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't want ANY of that.  I would rather spend the higher bucks up here than take that chance.  In 99-2003, that was a pretty big problem up here as well.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I concur with what O-L said. The stolen trailer business is booming here in NEO. It sucks, but anything not chained down grows legs. This seems to happen in rural areas especially.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Any dealers in NW Oklahoma.  Within 2 hours of Dodge City?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:49:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I drove from nw okla to sw ok for my horse trailer. And save a bunch look up Oklahoma Trailer sales online.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I concur with what O-L said. The stolen trailer business is booming here in NEO. It sucks, but anything not chained down grows legs. This seems to happen in rural areas especially.

I wasn't going to ask but I gotta no ............
Does that mean you guys would buy a new trailer instead of a used one
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I wasn't going to ask but I gotta no ............
Does that mean you guys would buy a new trailer instead of a used one

Hell no. I'd buy a used one in a heartbeat. It's nice to be able to just make a call on the cell phone and have someone check it before money changes hands. I do that on gun deals too. Saves me headaches and gives me peace of mind.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Trailers may be catching them since 4 wheelers now have to have tags.

When did the tagging of 4 wheelers deal happen?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top