Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 3:07:25 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to get a Stainless synthetic Remington 700 SPS in .270, .30'06, or .300 Win Mag. It is factory new, and comes with a Leupold VX-I 3-9x40 scope, and is the matte finish stainless, not gloss, and I think is a 24" barrel. I'll probably be spending about $750 or so for it. I think it would be great to get, but I'm curious: if I needed money, could I get my value out of it?? I 'm a poor college kid, so dropping that kind of money could come back to haunt me unless I knew I had potential buyers who could let me have at least even money on it. Does that sound like a fair deal, or is the price too high?? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:20:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:18:33 PM EDT
That rifle will never be worth what you pay for it. If resale is a concern for you then you would be better served buying a used rifle. Look in the EE or on SniperHide, there should be something there to fit the bill.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:09:41 PM EDT
Thanks to both for the responses. I'll probably not mess with it, if I really need a hunting rifle, I've got a couple things I can use. It looks cool, but money is going to be tight this year.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:56:21 PM EDT
dar - I have been a bit disapointed in the new 700 SPS's. If you are looking for an inexpensive 700 I think the older ADL 700's are a better value - I think Gallenson's still has some ADL's for sale or drop by your local shop and check out prices on the new Weatherby Vanguard compacts.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:51:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 9:52:10 AM EDT by thebrow]
I love the Remington's and looked at getting one of the 700 Police when I bought a tactical rifle but ended up with one of the 10FLP from Savage (Left Handed) that will shoot into less than 1/2 MOA at 100 yards. Shoots every bit as tight as the Remington ever will but doesn't come with that nice McMillan stock. I paid $400 for it back in the day when money was tight and it came with the 24" barrel and matte finish.

What I'm trying to say is you may find a new rifle that will meet your needs at a used price from one of the respected but lower priced companies like Savage.

I shoot it still with a buddy that picked up the same gun in right hand config and can't complain about either rifle's accuracy or dependability.

Good luck hunting for a new rifle and game!
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top